Depressed || JJK

By unnshiii_07

"Are you the cure to my depression?" A girl, usually sad, fragile and always scared about the outcomes of her... More

β€’Introductionβ€’
(1)
(2)
(3)
(4)
(5)
(6)
(7)
(8)
(9)
(10)
(11)
(12)
(13)
(14)
(15)
(16)
(17)
(18)
(19)
(20)
(21)
(22)
(24)
(25)
(26)
(27)
(28)
(29)
(30)
(31)
(32)
(33)
(34)
(35)
(36)
(37)
(38)
(39)
(40)
(41)
(42)
(43)
(44)
(45)
(46)
(47)
(48)
(49)
(50)
(51)
(52)
(53)
(54)
(55)
(56)

(23)

545 73 169
By unnshiii_07

★━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━★

After the whole ceremony was done, we proceeded to the stalls present with various dishes, sweets and other food items to munch on.

The whole atmosphere was hushed, because most of the guests had left after the food was served. We were one of the last guests to be present at the moment.

Every five minutes, I would turn to capture a glimpse of Jungkook, in case he left.

But he was there, on one table, sitting alone with a soft drink in front of him. He looked almost lost, like a child waiting for his parents when they would leave.

Oh, poor boy....

"Why do you look so confused? Just pick up your plate!"

"O-Oh, sorry mom..."

I'm becoming impatient. Will everything go right?

I quickly picked up my plate and we sat down on one table, quite far from the corner where Jungkook sat.

"Ah, Mrs. Kim, did you enjoy the food?"

Again...

"Yes, it's delicious. Did you all eat?" My mom asked the woman who dragged a chair to accompany her.

"Yeah, we were about to leave," she eyed her daughter who stood tediously aside her, "Yena said she's tired. She also said that there is something she wants to tell me, in front of you and Hana."

And I coughed a little, swallowing the lump of food.

"Ah, Hana told me too...what is it about?" My mom asked, concern lacing her tone as she munched on her food.

"Something that happened with me, aunty," Yena spoke up, eyes dully staring at the ground with an evident frown, "thank god Hana witnessed it.."

Goodness, her acting skills are on another level.

"Witnessed? Yena, what happened?"

"Mom, you know that boy, who is sitting at the corner?" She muttered and I huffed out a breath, whisping my head to where Jungkook was seated few minutes ago.

But he wasn't there anymore.

Wait, where did he go?!

"Where? Who Yena?"

"Ah, h-he was there a minute ago! I think he sensed that I'm going to call him out so he ran away..." Yena whispered, and I felt my heart skip a beat.

But he can't...

I told him to wait, I said I was with him....

Why did he leave! It's going to make it obvious if he runs away like that...

"Who was that?" My mom asked, wiping her hands with a napkin.

"You know Jungkook? Jeon Jungkook....the boy who was singing on the stage?"

My mom's eyes widened, and I dropped my spoon in anticipation. My brain was whirling with different thoughts at the moment.

Jungkook, where are you!?

"He...he tried to molest me."

And her mom's expressions changed in a milli second as she gulped, looking like she just saw a monster. Yena sniffled, covering her face with her hands.

"Jungkook? That boy...he looked so innocent. How could he-"

"He did! Hana saw it too!" She groaned in her hands and now all eyes were on me.

Great.

I can easily expose her now but I wish Jungkook was here, it would've been better.

"Hana, you saw that? Did that really happen?" Mrs. Han stepped forward and jerked my shoulders with full force and I yelped.

"Ah, calm down Mrs Han! We can talk this out in person, there are people around here." My mom quickly stood up and grabbed her wrist.

I hissed at the stinging pain in my arms from the sudden attack, her nails dug into my skin hard enough to leave visible marks.

"No, I need to know! Hana, what happened? What did that jerk do to my daughter?" She sputtered.

Aish....

"Yes I saw that!" I finally protested, "and for your information, it's not what your daughter said. In fact, it's the complete opposite."

"What?" Yena bobbed her head from behind her mother, her lower lip trembling, "why are you lying? Y-You were there when Jungkook was pushing himself on me..."

"Oh?" I joked, "are you sure that he was the one?"

"Then why did he suddenly run away just when we were about to talk on this topic?" Her mother's tremulous voice rang around in the hall, "because that jerk knew he's going to be in trouble if he gets caught right here!"

Now I know from where Yena got those genes...

These mother and daughter are a whole package of dramatic halfwits.

"Listen Mrs. Han," I tightened my grip around my spoon, lowering my voice a bit, "Jungkook didn't do anything. Yena did."

"Yena did what Hana?" My mom turned to me, eyes squinting in confusion, "what is it about? I don't get it."

"Oh," Mrs Han crossed her arms over her chest, a scowl on her caked up face, "do you even know him enough to save him in his absence? Boys are like that. Their dirty gazes are all over beautiful girls and they just need a moment to-"

"Then ask Yena!" This time I grunted, slapping my hand on the table so hard the glass of water jumped, spilling all over my lap, but I didn't flinch. "ask your daughter what were her intentions when she dragged him to a room, all alone!"

"Yena? You did?" Very confidently turning her fierce gaze from me to her daughter, she roared, "did you take him there? Why?"

"I-" she exchanged glanced between me and her mother, opening her mouth to say something, but seemed like it wasn't coming out.

"Fine, I was the one to take him there," she admitted, "but then he took advantage of the d-dark and he touched me.."

This is the moment I was waiting for.

Oh Jungkook, I wish you were present here....

"If you're so confident about it, then let's have a look at the evidence." I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, only to open them and the first thing my eyes caught was that familiar person.

"E-Evidence?" Yena stuttered and I looked into her eyes, as if challenging her.

"Exactly. And now that the victim is present here too, please call him..." I felt the adrenaline rushing at full speed through my veins. I suddenly felt like the most powerful person on earth.

Along with us, the other people in the hall who were wholly enjoying everything, turned their eyes to the boy who stood at the door, looking petrified.

I looked at my mom with a slight smile and she just raised a brow, "Jungkook, come here!" I waved my arm.

He looked terrified. Of course he was, when you're accused of something that you never intended to do, and there's people who always consider you wrong just because of your gender. You're always scared of their opinions and judgements.

But not today. Not now.

I sighed, walking over to him and looking straight in his eyes, "where were you? I told you to trust me then why did you run away at the wrong moment!?"

"I..." He whispered, cheeks turning pink, "I just went to the washroom."

Jeez....

I found myself crazily smiling, because I was about to expose Yena and her mother...or maybe because of Jungkook's answer. Or....maybe both?

"Ah, i-it's fine...j-just come with me.."

He shyly looked down, clasping his hands together when his gaze fell on Yena and her mother, the colours leaving his face.

"Come and tell them what happened. You don't need to be scared of this society," I said out loud, not knowing where this confidence was coming from.

"This society is only going to look disgustingly at you, only because you're blamed of something shameful that you can't even think of doing," I ranted, "so better change that and tell them what exactly happened. Because in this generation, you never know who could accuse you wrongly, because of their own cruel intentions."

On finding me hyped up, Jungkook balled his hands into fists, looking over at Yena, who looked like a bucket of ice had been dumped on her.

"Uh... that's true," he finally spoke up, standing still, "Yena was the one to push herself on me. And that has a reason."

In the meantime, I noticed someone recording us from a distance, capturing all the drama.

"When I found that her mother," he gritted his teeth, "has some sort of sorcery going on with our headmaster, I was keeping an eye on her... because I was never sure as how she was able to score the highest, when she barely attended three days in a week..."

Oh...so this was it...

"One day... I got called to the staffroom to pick some stuff and my eyes fell on the test copies. I just checked the list and found that, I-I was the one to top this time..."

Now along with Yena, her mother had the same reaction as her. Yena was scratching her hands in anxiety, too hard that it started bleeding.

"But when it was announced on the scoreboard, it... it was Yena. I was second. And now that I knew what could be the reason behind that, I tried to reach out to the headmaster.."

"That's not true!" Yena screamed.

"Shut up!" It was my mom who shushed her, now understanding the whole matter. "Continue, son..."

"And the headmaster said he didn't know anything regarding that, I straight out asked him if it was Yena's mother who was at the helm, and he winged it...so I was pretty sure about that..."

"And when I asked Yena, she said that it was going on under the headmaster's nose, and that she said I couldn't do anything... but I had decided that I will complain and reveal all the truth to police..but-"

"But he didn't get the chance because Yena," I continued for him, "wanted to accuse him of sexual assault, so that she could blackmail him to keep his mouth shut, and she knew everyone would believe because she is a girl.."

Silence. Pure silence. No one spoke for a minute. And this answered everything itself.

"Do you have a proof?" Someone in the crowd shouted.

I smirked. "I do," I turned my phone on, "thank god I reached there in time and witnessed every single thing. Thanks to Yena, she was the reason I was in that corridor..."

I looked over at Jungkook, who's eyes turned glassy now.

"This is the video as the evidence," I turned the phone to the crowd of people, everyone's eyes stuck on the screen, along with my mom.

Yena and her mom were now completely still. Now that more than fifty people knew their little secret, they already figured out that they brought this trouble upon themselves.

"You won, Jungkook..." I whispered, flashing a full smile.

And he just clasped his lower lip between his teeth, trying to hold back his tears.

I felt so happy for him...

It felt like, I was finally being useful to someone......

And I loved that feeling...

A/N

Probably the longest chapter. My apologies but I know you enjoyed :D

I liked the tea. Did you?

Also, this could be my favourite chapter to write because damn, my inner self is feeling proud 😂

1 vote= 1 hug for kookie <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.8K 1.2K 39
And the phrase; "She is our everything" slowly changed to "She was our everything-" β˜†. β˜†. β˜†. K...
5.7K 1K 34
*editing small details and tense but you can proceed to read* β€’Red was never beautiful for him, but he made him want to bath in his crimson loveβ€’ ❝Wh...
1.2M 65K 90
When the campus heartthrob Jeon Jungkook who's actually a secret, self-professed romantic at heart, and the innocent country girl Kim Y/N, who's actu...
20.7K 1K 23
JJK X Y/N X KTH [Book 1] "I made my way to the terrace with a euphoric mood just to meet with the darkest surprise of my life. Something that would c...