Sweet Venom

By Mari_The_Ghost

The classic high school Vampire Gerard Way x Reader. Being best friend's with Mikey makes for a wonderfully... More

Chapter. 1
Author's note
2. And So It Begins
3. Bite Me
4. Trust Me
5. BFF's
6. Alone Together
7.Where do we go from here?
8. A Night Together
9. Mall Rats
10. Awkward much?
11. It's not a Date
12. Not a Date, Date.
13. Comic Shop Date
14.What is Normal
15. Sneaking Around
16. Sleepover
17. Brunch
18. Friends
19. Bonding Times
20. Hide and Seek
21. A What?
22. GRWM
23. Party Pt. 1
24. Party Pt2
25. Girl Talk
26. Panic! in the feels
27. Flirting?
28. Vibing
29. Distanced
30. Game Night
31. Yikes
32. Double Yikes
33.
34. Gerard
35. Gerard pt 2
36. Ow
37. Everything Hurts
38. Apologies
39.
40. Secret in Your Throat
41. I'll Never Let Them Hurt You
42. I Promise
43. We Good?
45. Holding Hands and Life Was Perfect
46. Hanging with Corpses
47. Hand in Mine
Epilogue

44. Tell Me

1.3K 55 65
By Mari_The_Ghost

Gerard drove back, maybe speeding a bit, with his hand in mine and looking like the cool guy he definitely is not with one hand on the wheel.

"You ready to tell Mikey?" I asked as we sat in the parked car for a minute.

"I think so." He looked over at me, searching. "Umm... kiss for good luck?" he said, a blush finding its way to his cheeks.

I laughed and leaned over the console, he met me halfway in a small kiss. "Good luck." I smiled at him before pecking his lips again and pulling away. Gerard chuckled next to me as I got out of the car.

I smiled to myself making sure my phone was in my pocket still and slammed the car door shut. Gerard got out as well and headed to the front door. I followed behind him and stopped as he stood staring at the door. I grabbed his hand which made him look down at me and away from the door. I squeezed his hand before opening the door myself and taking a step in while letting go of his hand.

Gerard walked in after me and closed the door behind us. I looked over to find Mikey sitting on the couch with his head down looking at his phone.

"Hey," I spoke up.

Mikey's head snapped up and he turned to look at us. I wanted to laugh because I definitely scared the crap out of him by accident.

"What the fuck happened to you two!" He said loudly getting up and making his way over to us.

"Ummmmm," I looked up at Gerard realizing we did not talk about how we were going to tell Mikey what happened or remember the fact that we look like we got beat up.

Gerard looked from his brother to me and back. "Lets go down to my room and we'll talk about it. But I need a shirt first."

"What?" Mikey's face scrunched in confusion as he stood in front of us.

"I don't have a shirt under this and I would like one," Gerard chuckled awkwardly, walking past Mikey and leaving the two of us standing in the hall awkwardly staring after him.

Mikey looked from his brother down to me. "Are you okay? Like... really okay." his concern hurt my heart.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Gerard is a bit worse for wear than me." I chuckled awkwardly.

"I TOLD YOU I'M FINE!" Gerard yelled from the basement.

"What the fuck?! How did he hear you?" Mikey looked to the hallway and down to me.

"Uhh let's just go down stairs. We'll explain it all."

"Okay, I guess." We made our way towards the hallway. "I just... Are you sure you're okay?" Mikey tried again as we reached the door.

"I'm fine Mikes." I smiled up at him before heading down the stairs.

We walk down the stairs to see Gerard wearing a black smashing pumpkins tee shirt and sitting on his bed with a semi stressed and semi awkward smile on his face. We definitely should have discussed how to tell Mikey in the car. We're stupid.

I make my way over to the bed and sit against the wall next to Gerard who's leaning back awkwardly against his headboard. Mikey just stayed at the bottom of the stairs watching.

"You gonna sit so we can explain?" I ask. The anxiety in my chest building as he stared at us.

"Okay." He said quietly. He made his way over to the bed and sat facing Gerard, his knee brushing mine.

I looked between the two brothers who faced each other in a silent conversation.

"Gerard?" I looked at him with a soft encouraging smile.

"Okay." Gerard took in a deep breath. He looked at Mikey and said nothing.

"Okay?" Mikey said in response, a little bit of annoyance and worry in his voice.

"Mikey." Gerard inhaled deeply. "I'm a vampire."

"Bullshit."

"Mikey, he's telling the truth." I  try not to laugh as I look between the brothers.

"No way. Vampires aren't real. What really happened to you? Why are you both beat up?"

Gerard looked down at me pleadingly. "Mikey, it's true. He's a vampire." I say squeezing Gerard's hand that laid on the bed next to me.

"Liar. You're just trying to trick me so I forget about you guys being beat up. And why Gerard left me a note because he thought he wouldn't come back which is very concerning you asshole."

"Mikey, I'm telling the truth. I uhh, didn't tell anyone about it. Y/n, found out by accident." Gerard looked down, ashamed of keeping the secret from his brother.

Mikey looked between us both in disbelief. "You know you guys sound crazy right?"

"We know." I laughed.

"I didn't know how to tell you, Mikes. It's scary and I'm so dangerous. If I had it my way no one would know at all. I don't want to hurt you." Gerard said sadly.

Mikey looked at his brother for a moment. "You aren't trying to prank me, are you?"

"I wish I was."

I smacked Gerard in the arm. "You sound like you're condemned to hell. You're just a vampire. At least you don't sparkle in the sun." I roll my eyes trying to cheer him up.

"Oh my god," Mikey says exasperatedly. "YOU'RE REALLY A VAMPIRE! WAIT! How the hell have you been in the sun? See that makes me not want to believe you. You're totally fine in the day. What the fuck. What in the fuck. A VAMPIRE??"

Gerard chuckles, feeling a bit better now that Mikey kind of believes. "It burns but like I won't die if I'm in it for a short time. It feels like a bad sunburn."

"Ohhhh, that makes sense as to why you're in the shade a lot and refused to go to the beach with us over summer. Wait. When did you turn?" Mikey looked questioningly between me and Gerard.

"Uhh back in spring."

Mikey nodded. "And how long have you known?" He turned to me, a glint of jealousy in his eyes.

"Since the first week of school." I say shrugging my shoulders up and leaning back, preparing for the anger that might come.

"Oh," is all Mikey says.

"It was an accident." Gerard inserts quickly. "It was the night of your sleepover. And she came down in the basement cause you weren't home and she thought I was hurt and well..." Gerard looked from his brother to me. "I kinda had to tell her."

"And he swore me to secrecy." I looked up at Mikey. "He didn't want anyone to know and especially for you to worry."

Mikey nodded, seeming to accept our explanation, the truth really. "So you've been helping Gerard out all those times you've been hanging out behind my back?"

Yikes. I looked at Gerard wondering how the fuck to tell Mikey we really were just hanging out.

"We were hanging out Mikey," Gerard spoke softle. "Y/n, gave me the opportunity to just be my new weird self and hang out without worrying about doing something that wasn't normal."

"Oh."

"I'm sorry Mikey. I didn't want you to worry and I didn't know how to tell you either."

"Well what changed." Mikey's voice held a slight frustration in it.

"We fought a vampire tonight. Which explains all this." I point at Gerard's bandaids.

Mikey's eyes widened. "WHAT?!"

"Yeah, uhh we had to fight a vampire who was trying to kill Y/n and me." Gerard said shifting on the bed.

"Are you serious?" Mikey scoffed.

"Unfortunately yeah." I said nodding my head.

"Who was the vampire?"

"The blue haired asshole." Gerard said.

"Yup." I nodded.

"That makes so much sense." Mikey nodded too.

"Yeaaah," I rolled my eyes.

"What happened?"

"Well he cornered, Y/n," Gerard started. "And went on a total villain monologue about how he wanted to change her and what not. In a brilliant move, Y/n kneed him in the balls."

"Nice," Mikey nodded at me, giving me a fist bump.

"Thanks," I chuckled at him lightly.

"Then while he was down she ran and hid from him. I found her and told her I was going to kick the guys ass cause he literally wants to kill her and me."

"Why does he want to kill you?" Mikey interrupted.

"Uhh reasons. I'm a vampire too," Gerard tries to brush off Mikey's question. "Well Y/n, notices that I have not uhh eaten in a while. And so to beat this guy, Y/n gave me some of her blood and-"

"Wait, wait, wait. You're telling me, you bit my best friend?" Mikey interrupted with a dumb smirk.

"Um yes."

"We didn't really have a choice, it was that or die Mikes." I shrugged.

"God, Y/n. I always knew you had a vampire kink cause of twilight, but did that have to apply to my brother?"

"Oh. My. God!" I practically yell, my cheeks going red. I grab a pillow and shove it in Mikey's face. As he laughs at my reaction.

"Well I'm not complaining," Gerard shrugs and I gasp at him in betrayal. I take the pillow off Mikey and make to throw the pillow at him. "At least it's me and not Vampire Mc-Douchebag."

"Wait wait." Mikey sits back up.

I freeze holding the pillow against Gerard's chest.

"You? Are you guys?" He looked between us with an odd smirk on his face. "Are you?!"

I looked at Gerard feeling my face go red. He looked down at me with light pink cheeks.

"Uh yeah."

"Fucking FINALLY!" Mikey yells.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN FINALLY?!!!" I yell back after the shock has worn off.

"I MEAN IT TOOK YOU GUYS LONG ENOUGH!" He yells back at me with a smile.

I look agape at Mikey and then at Gerard who has his face in his hands. "The fuck does he mean by that?" I say to Gerard.

Gerard just groans behind his hands and flops back onto his bed. Mumbling into his hands, "I told him I liked you like a week ago."

"Gerard!"

"It's cute! You guys are good for each other." Mikey spoke next to me. "Plus it explains the affection and the nicknames."

"Really? Cause if I recall, you were pissed at me because you thought we were dating." I turn to Mikey.

"I fucked up." Mikey looked at me. "I admit that. And I'm really sorry for everything I said."

"Uh-huh." I crossed my arms. "I mean you're my best friend so I forgive you. But that was really shitty of you."

"I know. I was," He sighs. "I was jealous cause you guys were hanging out without me and I thought you guys were hiding a relationship you didn't want me to know about."

"Oh." I let my arms fall.

"Yeah," Mikey looks up at me. "I'm really sorry, Y/n. I'm really happy for you and Gerard and I just felt left out. But now I know you guys weren't even together yet so I look pretty stupid for assuming you were."

Gerard laughed next to me. "Uhh no you don't. Ray kind of pointed out to me what it looked like and well." He looked down at me. "It did look like we were dating in secret."

I sigh, "I guess. Guess hiding the fact you were a vampire added to the secrecy and made it look like that."

"Yup," Gerard nodded.

"So, am I sworn to secrecy on the vampire thing or are you going to tell Ray and Frank too?" Mikey spoke up.

"Uhh probably not yet."

"That's a smart idea." I say as Gerard takes my hand in his.

"You guys going to tell our friends that you're together now?" Mikey smirked at us.

"Fuck." I lean my head back against the wall.

"What?! Are you ashamed to be with me?" Gerard jokes.

"No, just Kristin is going to tease me. And the boys are going to tease us."

"Oh fuck." Gerard copies.

Mikey just laughs at our future pain.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33 4 2
Charlie and Gerard have been sworn enemies all their lives. Through grade school and high school, they never clicked. The playground wrestling matche...
17.4K 795 16
After the death of someone truly important to him, Gerard is left lonely and depressed, wondering whether or not it's worth it to keep living. One da...
165 15 7
I won't escape the bullying by moving away, I don't want to transfer from a high school of 400 students to 1,000. I have an abundance of absolutely z...
1.7K 77 27
"For god sakes help him! He's bleeding to death!..." My mother yells at the men surrounding me through tears as the paramedics grab my numb body, cov...