The Mortal Guardians

By ellencro

In the Shadow-world all the legends are true. From Werewolf's to Warlock, Vampires and angel/human hybrids ca... More

Please Read!!!!!
Cast
The Legend of the Mortal Guardian's
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 45
Epilogue

Chapter 44

463 13 2
By ellencro

Valentine Morgerstern calmly walked through the pine wood forest of the Shadowhunter home country of Idris.  Gripping his phone tightly in one hand, being very careful not to lose it, it was the only thing keeping the Mortal Guardians in their weaken state as they walked behind the mad-man. The calls of the instruments filled both Alec and Avalon's heads, echoing around and around like a cursed song, which in a way it was. It was the only sound that filled their heads for the past twenty fours hours, causing them a great deal of pain, as told by the dry blood stains that had trickled their way down their neck from their, staining their diamond like markings. It  kept them in a drugged like state, with the way Valentine manipulated the called for his own use. But as an extra precaution, Valentine kept the guardians in hand cuffs and chains that tied the cuffs to their ankles.   

He knew that they couldn't do anything in their state, being to weak to even use their magic or shadowhunter abilities to fight him off. Even when he dragged them through the Seelie Court, meeting the Queen and making a deal with one of many devils. The Queen granting him and his chosen followers safe passage to the Shadowhunter homeland through the infamous Seelie realm portals. Now he had everything he needed top raise the angel, to use the wish for his own desire. Re-creating the Shadow-world in his own image that he saw fit. All he needed to do was to slip the blood of the embodiment of heavens objects in the waters where the angle first rose, He needed to slip the blood of Alexander and Avalon Lightwood. 

"You know what's funny about all this?" He chuckled, knowing that the twins couldn't answer no matter how hard they tried. "The funny thing is that you two are the born protects of the mortal instruments, you even stopped me from getting the Mortal cup and using the soul sword to get rid of those Downworlders. You two have so much power, the perfect blend of Shadowhunter and Downworlder-" Valentine spat the word Downworlder with venom and hate in his voice. "-But now your blood, your downworld blood is the very thing that will help me destroy those demonic half breeds once and for all. Only fitting in my eyes." 

Valentine said cockily, having no doubt in his mind that he would succeed in his task. What he didn't know is that the calls of the instruments wasn't the only thing that filled the guardian's heads. A small detail that he had simply over looked, tossed aside because he thought in would never come into play in these circumstances. While it was true with the way Valentine used the instruments calls weaken the guardians powers, it couldn't weaken one thing. Their bond, telepathically talking to each other inside their heads, secretly planing away to hopefully stop Valentine before he wiped out the downworlder. For good. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Clary and Jace ran to the edge of the Idris forest, under the cover of the pitch black night hopping to reach Lake Lyn before Valentine used the twins as vessels to summon the angel Raziel into the mortal realm. That couldn't happen. They reached the famous Lake seeing the dark waters untouched and no one around for miles. Well that's how it appeared to be. Clary looked around confused. 

"Are we too late." She asked, a bit out of breath. Jace shook his head. 

"No." He assured her. "No, if he'd raised the Angel, we'd know it. We beat him here. We can stop him." They smiled at each other briefly. The smallest glimmer of hope bubbled inside of them. Jace turned around about to formulate a plan in order to stop Valentine only to be confronted by the man-mad, about to stab him through the heart.

"STOP!" A voiced yelled just before the steel of Valentines knife could pierce Jace's skin. Everyone reconsidered the voice to be Alec's as he and Avalon seemed to appeared into thin air, kneeling on the ground. Hidden by a glamour that Valentine must has cast over them to keep them hidden from anyone who tried to rescue them. Clary and Jace looked at the twins, the chains weighting them down to the ground, dark circles around their hazel eyes, the clear trail of crimson blood that begun from their ears and stained their pale skin, much paler then what it usually is. They looked sick to Jace and Clary, they were usually so strong and full of light, but now it looked like they were just barley clinging on to life. From what they learnt at the sanctuary Alec and Avalon must have been affected by the calls of the Mortal instruments for a long time to be in this sort of shape. "Don't kill him." Alec pleaded seeming desperate. 

"Your just stalling for time." Valentine growled ready to kill Jace in that very moment. 

"No we'er not." Avalon yelled at the mad-man who now seemed to have a conflicted look on his face. "We've already accepted our fate, we'er too weak to do anything to stop you anyway. But don't kill Jace. You raised him for ten years you raised him as your own, somewhere inside that deep and twisted soul of your you must have some sort of care for the person you considered to be a son. Much more than your real one." Everyone held their breaths, not moving a muscle seeing what Valentine's next actions would be. Clary had very little hope at this point. Her father was a maniac, he didn't care for others, he only cared about himself, for achieving his goal, so why would Avalon make a plea for Jace's life by using Valentines emotions? It didn't make sense to her. 

But some how Avalon's words got through to Valentine as the man slowly lowered his knife from the blondes heart. Only to stab him in the lower abdomen. "There." He whispered as Jace eyes went wide in pain as Clary gasped. But the twin knew that this was coming, Avalon had convinced Valentine to not kill Jace not wound him. "That should stop you from doing anything to get in my way." Valentine pulled his blade out of the blonde pushing him to the grass, Jace covered his wound, his hands becoming stain with his blood. Clary rushed to Jace's side, tears in her eyes. 

"Jace save your breath, it's going to be alright, your going to be alright." Tears ran down her face as Jace's breaths got shallower as she desperately searched for his stele. 

"Looking for this Clarissa." Valentine held Jace's stele is his hand. "You can't think me foolish now. But the both of you will live long enough too witness history. As for you two" Valentine turned to the twins, who glared at him as he walked closer to them, undoing their chains and holding a blade to their throats. "You both know you'er too weak to put up any sort of fight, but your still useful. Restrain her." Valentine said coldly, with the twins knowing what he meant. they looked at Clary, their eyes asked her for her forgiveness for what was to happen next. Alec waved his hand, the traditionally, bright, golden swirls of his magic were dim, lifeless, barely able to be seen, meaning his magic was weak at this point. But still strong enough to put Clary in chains, the same type of chained that were used against her father when he was first captured the night the twins got the mortal sword. 

Valentine smiled, knowing that he was closer than ever to victory. "Now walk." He motioned to the Lake Lyns dark waters. Alec and Avalon hesitantly turned around, with Valentine's knife pressing into Avalon's back as they entered the waters. As soon as they stepped foot in the lake the water around them instantly began t bubble, as their diamond marking glowed their golden colour. Valentine watched from the shore, his back turned to Clary who struggled against the chains. Trying anything to break free, to stop what was to happen before it begun. She looked desperately racked her brain for some type of solution. Out of the corner of her eye she noticed a small, clear crystal lying on the ground. It looked Identical to the one used at the end of every single stele. She eyes flickered over to the twins, watching as her father threw them the knife he had in his hand. Both Alec and Avalon looking fearful for their lives. 

"Do it." Valentine growled once again, everyone knowing what he meant. The guardians had to spill their blood into the waters where the angel first rose. With his hands shaking, Alec took a hold of his sisters hand, slicing her palm with the knife,her red blood trickling down into Lake Lyn. Alec repeated the same act to his own hand. hos own blood trickling into the waters. They could at hear thunder rumbling in the sky as the twins eyes were consumed by the golden glow, that seemed to be taking over them. Clary knew she had to act now. Reaching for the crystal hidden in the grass, taking it in her grasp and frantically drawing the unlock rune on her chains and Valentine grew ever so closer to victory. 

"Raziel, hear me! I call upon the Mortal guardians as their blood slips into these waters and summon you into this mortal realm!" Every word was spoken was passion as the twins sunk under the dark waters and beam of light hot out of the water, floating in the air, only to reveal that in was the angel Raziel himself. His golden wings glowed in all their glory, barely being able to see his true face, lighting up the sky with his presence . Clary's chains snapped off, falling to the ground. She scrambled to Jace, who was still clung to life, growing weaker by the second. She tucked the crystal in his blood stained hand, both nodding at each other, understand what had to be done next. 

"It has been a thousand years since I was last summoned to this place. Why do you summon me now, Nephilim? Why have you used my guardians to do so?" Raziel questioned as he floated above the water, his voice echoing like a god. 

"My Lord Raziel, the great men and women in the lineage of Shadowhunters, which you have created here, have failed in their mission to rid this world of demon scum. Even your guardians have failed to do so, siding with demon half breeds."

"Their mission was to safe guard the instruments from all those who who use them for evil deeds, they did just that. But I see you are impatient. What is it you ask of me?"

"Immediate death of all evil-blooded creatures, demon and Downworlder alike, as well as the disloyal Shadowhunters who protect them."

"The destruction of the soul creatures of the Downworld, and of our own Nephilim, that is not Heaven's wish." Valentine looked at Raziel in shock, not understanding how the angel himself would say such a thing. He was all to focused on what was going in front to even brother to noticed that Jace use the crystal to heal his wound, slowly getting up the ground, standing with Clary, both readying themselves for the fight that was to come. "But thou who spills thy blood, thou shalt compel from me an action." Valentine smiled at this, pickling up the knife that was use by Alec and Avalon to spill their blood as it floated in the waters. Raising it to the palm of his had, ready to spill his own blood, only to be pulled back and tossed to the ground. The knife falling out of his hand and Raziel losing his glow. Valentine stood up, facing Jace and Clary, anger covering all of their faces. 

Jace and Clary attacked the mad-man, taking their turns to deal the painful blows. Kicking him, punching him, dealing the jabs, making Valentine stumble back. But he knew where the two would be at their weakest. Knowing that Jace wasn't at his full strength, kicking the blonde in the shin in just the right place, with just the right amount of force to break the bone making Jace fall to his knees and scream in pain. Valentine dealt him a fast blow to the face, knocking him to the ground entirely. Now it was time to deal with his daughter. She was shaken, seeing jace on the ground, her emotion were in control. He would use this to his own advantage.        

Kicking her in the stomach, making her stumble back, then dealing the final blow. Punching his own daughter in the face and throwing her to the ground. Valentine breathed heavily, his eyes landing on a rock as Clary tried to pick herself up. All while Jace's eyes landed on the knife that Valentine once possessed in his hand.

"I've worked too long, I've sacrificed too much to let anyone stand in my way. Even my own daughter." Valentine gripped the rock in his hand about to use it to kill the last person who stood in his way. Clary looked Jace, seeing the knife in his hand. The both nodded at each other forming a quick plan. 

Before Valentine could throw the rock into his daughters head, Clary rolled to Jace, avoiding the attack. The blonde tossed the knife to Clary who caught it just in the nick of time, catching her father off guard, as the cold metal blade made contact with his neck. His hateful blood spattered across the grass. A few drops even landing on Clary. Jace watched as Clary stood up to stab her father in the heart, making him all to the ground on his knees. His hand on his sliced throat looking at his daughter, who looked him directly in the eye with nothing but hate and anger. Using these feelings to stab him again and again in anger for all the things he had done. Too many things to count. But most of all sending the demon that killed her mother. 

Clary kicked him to the ground, watching Valentine take his last few breaths of life, the man not even making an attempt to beg for his life. Both Clary and Jace watched as the last bit of life left Valentine, his eyes becoming lifeless as the man collapsed to the ground his hand falling to ground. Finally after all this time, Valentine Morgernstren, then mad-man of the Shadow-world was dead. There would be no raising from the dead this time. 

Clary rushed to Jace, whose eyes were fixed on Valentine's lifeless body, still holding on to his broken shin. "You alright?" She asked in a small voice, avoiding Jace's eyes. He suspected that Clary hadn't fully processed the act she'd just done. Killing her own father.

"Nothing an iratze can't fix." He brushed off, the pair looking at each other for the briefest of moments. Both leaning in for a kiss, but stopped before their lips could connected, seeing the golden glow from the angel Raziel light up the sky once again. Jace gasped, seeing the act unfold in front of him. Clary turned to see what Raziel was doing while he floated above Lake lyn. She too gasped in a sort of amazement and shock as she watched Alec and Avalon being lifted from the depths of the dark waters. Their Markings still glowing gold and Raziel moved to the soft grass, his feet making contact with the earth for the time in a thousand years. Alec and Avalon were carefully placed near Jace and Clary. Both appearing to be in a deep sleep of sorts and not dead. Clary looked at Raziel as he keeled close to them. 

"Are they?" She asked her voice giving away the fear she felt. 

"Asleep-" Raziel answered only looking at the twins. "-If your father, Clarissa Morgenstern had comped me to an action of his choosing, they would have died in the act. They need to rest." If she wasn't mistaken, Clary could hear a bit of worry in Raziel's voice. She looked at Jace seeing the confused look on his face. Both puzzled at the care Raziel was showing to the twins. But out of the blue, Raziel, Avalon and Alec were consumed by a bright white light, that blinded Jace and Clary. Once the light had died down, they saw that all of them had disappeared. hearing hurried footsteps behind them. Turning around to see, Luke, Ryan, Magnus and Isabelle and Magnus standing their all having puzzled looks on their faces. Luke's eyes darted to Valentine's dead body then to Clary and Jace and dared asked the question. 

"Where are Alec and Avalon?" 

A/N

This was a long and painstakingly hard chapter to write. Because as you can tell I have changed it a bit. Jace didn't die and wasn't brought back with the angels wish (Spoilers if you haven't read the books or seen the series). Be mad it you want to be but I had to change it for the direction the book is going. But did you guys think that the way i worked around the change was good. If you do please leave in the comments. Until next time and also did Raziel just Kidnap the twins? How many times are these people going to get kidnapped. (Not as much as Simon.)              

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

182 12 10
Title: Legacy of Shadows In a world torn apart by the remnants of a long-forgotten war between good and evil, the legacy of that fateful Blood Moon n...
3.9K 132 24
Hello! So most of the fanfics I've been reading on here have to do with Magnus and Alec breaking up or one of them dying etc. This one doesn't. Soooo...
15.6K 1K 74
(Sequel to Alec's Last Arrow. ) Not all Angels are born with wings. After the fight with Jonathan, the New York Institute is left devasted. Isabelle...
49.8K 2.4K 47
Magnus Bane, The High Warlock of Brooklyn, wasn't just an ordinary Warlock, he was one of the rarest and strongest Warlock Universe has ever witness...