Mending What Broke: Todoroki...

By KikichanArtist

The balance between good and evil is anything but simple. People easily assume it's nothing more than black a... More

Character INFO
Welcome To Class 1-A
USJ
Worst First Day
Something Stronger
Never Ending
The Small Things
Heavy Mood
Shadows
Butting Heads
Training
Break At The Park
Talking
Obstacle Race
Distance
Calvary Battle
Flattery
I'll Kill 'Em
Whats Begun
Stay Strong
Plan B
The Line
Encounter
Your Way
Gone
Becoming A Hero
Baby Steps
Electric
Fashion Trouble
"Amazingly Powerful"
Smoker
Hero Killer
Over Use
All Or Nothing
It's Over...Right?
Unsettling
Embarrassed
The Hand Crusher
Worst Patrol Ever
Back To Class
Weird People
Rewind
State Of Mind
Flames
Spiral
Control
Short Encounter
Exam Day
The Exam
Floating
Panic
Hands
Get In Bitches Were Going Shopping
Short Visit
Enjoy It
Mix Up
A Test
Plus Ultra
My Bowl!
Aggressive Wink
Hot Springs
Traitor
Undercover
So Close
Sorry
Past This
As A Hero
Dorms
Chapter 69
Her Desk
Break In
What The Hell Is Happening?!
A Slip Up
Marriage!?
Too Close For Comfort
Distractions
The Anteroom
Conflict
Parent-Teacher Conference
No Problem
The TV
In the Mirror
You Got Mail
Privileged
Nerves
Suspicion
Reporters
His Daughters
Sweet Smoke
The Secret Mission
Camie
Bunch Of Brats
Turning Back The Page
Go Home
What's Wrong?
Late Nights
One Week
Vending Machine
Chapter 100
A Disadvantage
School Festival
The Bridge
Lost And Found
Preparing for the Festival
Eri
VHS Tapes
Rooftops
Very Pretty
Hero Too
Confuse Me
Endeavor
The Call
Bothersome
Liers
Love Letters
Hype Man
The Dinner
Room 205
Winter Costumes
Mushrooms
Let's Go Team 3!
Five Minute Match
Understanding
Groceries
Simple Questions
Interviews
Birthday Troubles
Christmas In The Dorms
Work-Studies
Flying High
Too Quiet
Late Starts
Dinner for Eight
Natsuo
Painted Walls
Busy Mornings
Change Of Plans
Hot Pot Dinner
After School Shopping
Shoe Shopping
Cold Waters
Bickering
Favors From Endeavor
Decisions
A Truck
Fix It
Letting it Out
Against Better Judgment
Line Of Misfortune
Breathing Exercises
A Grim Future
Nothing Left To Give
Sleepover Betrayals
Tainted Memories
In The Hall
Picking Fights
Bonding Moments
Tomorrow
Pressure
I Know
Better
Silent Promises
A Cold Winter
Missing
A Winter's End
Out Of Hand
Hestia

Ice Cream Break

1.8K 102 74
By KikichanArtist

I feel like I gave the reporter dude a creep pedo vibe  towards the end here, wasn't my goal but  oh well XD Also there is gonna be a lot of typos :D my grammarly isn't working, not that it helped, cause there are a LOT of typos in my chapters that im too lazy to go back and fix XD Also, Mikoto is supposed to be 7. I realized I kept switching it ToT hes 7, I swear. XD <33

-Y/n's POV-

"God, these extra courses are killing me, I really dont want to do the extra class tomorrow," I yawned, streatching my arms out as Shouto and I made our way back to school.

"You wouldn't be so tired if you didn't stay up so late," The  boy next to me spoke up, watching ahead as Mikoto lead us away from the train station, his arms spread out like an airplane as he zipped back and forth on the sidewalk.

Playfully, I rolled my eyes at the boy, "The only reason you would know that is if you stay up all night watching me try and do taxes and homework," Turning to him I smiled, " Are you stalker Shouto?"

Watching his eyes widen slightly, his steps faultered at the accusation, "I-I haven't been stalking you. I just notice the times you crawl into bed are getting rather late," He explained, "I don't know where you got the idea I was stalking you from," He pondered, making me chuckle.

"Shou, sweetie, I was only teasing you. We really need to teach you a thing or two about sarcasm," I bumped his hip with my own, causing him to look down/up at me before gently doing the same.

I smiled, looking back towards Mikoto, his attention now on stepping over all the cracks in the sidewalk. 

"Why didn't you like that reporter earlier today?" Shouto spoke, causing a small blush to rise to my cheeks.

Scratching the back of my neck, I avoided eye contact, "I don't know... The whole thing with my parents kinda got some attention and before I knew it I had to push past nosey reporters to even check my mail. A lot of them like to get into the stories that are no ones buisness," I grumbled, shrugging my shoulders, "I'm honeslty surprised that not even Midoriya has questioned me about it. He seems like the type to keep up on the news, same thing for Bakugou," I rambled, gently pushing a lock of hair behind my ear.

Todoroki went quiet, not having anything to say on the matter. Hearing a man yell from across the street, I took notice of a small icecream shop. The mamn inside calling out to the people who walked past trying to convince them to buy some.

Slowing to a stop, I contemplated the idea circulating in my mind, Shouto stopping mid stride as he called back to me.

"Hey Mikoto!" I called, turning to the boy, while reaching out my hand, seeing this, the horned kid ran towards me, grabbing my outstreatched palm tightly. Smiling I looked up to the red and white haired boy, "I was thinking we could get some ice cream,"

Gasping in delight, Mikoto jumped up, doing a small, excited dance.

'He's gonna be so hyper after this,' I cried internally, already regretting this desicion as he pulled me into the street closer to the shop.

"Now hold on Mikoto, we have to wait for Shouto," I laughed, quickly reaching hand towards his, grabing it and pulling it close, making a small train to the ice cream shop.

As we finally crossed the street, Mikoto released my hand, running towards the young lady working at the register, his hands quickly pointing out the one he wanted, as the girl watched in amusement.

"Mikoto, be paitent," I scolded, tapping his head as we made it by his side, Shouto looking at the menu silently, as I looked back towards him, "Order what you want Shou," I smiled, taking my bag off my shoulder and placing it onto the ground, rummaging around through all the pockets in search for my wallet or any of the loose cash I had spread throughout my bag.

"I want the All Might popsical witht he gumball eyes!" Mikoto beamed, his bag slipping off his shoulder and around his elbow lazily.

Quickly taking the said item from the man who was calling out to people earlier, the lady quickly handed Mikoto the popsical, the ram quirked boy making a small, slightly evil laugh as he tore the package open, earning a glare from me.

"Wait till we pay moron!"

"I'll just have a vanilla coolish please," Todoroki answered, quickly look towards me as I peeked over the counter, scanning the menu hurridly.

(A coolish is a japanese icecream that comes in like a Go-Go squeeze packet XD)

"Can I get a (Favorite Flavour) cone- oh but can you put in a cup with a spoon please?" I requested earning a small groan from Mikoto.

"I hate how you eat ice cream, pick a one or another, not both!" He rolled his eyes, biting into his icecream, making my teeth hurt just by watching him.

"It's not my fault my quirk melts my ice cream the second I get it!" I defended, gesturing to the seven year old's teeth marked icecream, "At least I don't bite it like an animal,"

"I am an animal!" He stompped, mouth covered in yellow colored popsicle.

 Finnally grabbing hold of my wallet, I quickly stood up, digging out the money that was needed, handing it towards the lady, only to see Shouto getting back a small handfull of change.

"Thank you, have a nice day," She beamed, closing the cash register, as I processed what just happened.

Blinking, I looked towards the boy as he handed me my styraphome cup, "Hey!" Jumping slightly at the sudden rise in my voice, his eyes shot up towards my own, "I was supposed to pay! I was the one who suggested ice cream in the first place!" I whined, taking the cup with a small 'hmph'.

Quickly throwwing my wallet in my bag and trhowing over my shoulder, I shoved the spoonfull if icecream in my mouth aggresivly, looking back to Shouto I noticed how his shoulders were stiff and his face in slight shock.

"Oh! Wait no- Shou, I'm not really mad!" I panicked, spoon almost falling from my lips, my hand quickly catching it. "It was honestly a really sweet thing to do and I'm glad you did what you did," I laughed nervously, watching his face fall back to it's stoict one.

"Oh, alright," He nodded, placing his coolish pack in his warmer hand, taking the cooler one to wrap around my free one, pulling me towards Mikoto who began to walk off to school once again.

I smiled, feeling his thumb rub the backs of my hands, the motion having  small bumps as he stroked acrossed my knuckles gently.

Looking back down at my ice cream I contemplated on how I was gonna eat it seeing as I refused to be the first to let go of his hand, thus I let my ice cream melt.

~~~

Walking up the dorm walkway, Mikoto ran ahead towards Midoriya who stood on the portch, the reporter, Tokuda walking towards Shouto and I, a smile streatched acrossed his face as he stopped infront of us.

"I'm sorry we didn't get to speak much today durring your free time. I had meant to ask you a couple more questions, L/n," He spoke, his eyes looking towards the empty bowl in my hands, having it melt a while ago, I resorted to drinking the rest. "I see you went out for ice cream,"

"Uh- yeah, we did, after we picked up my brother," I stuttered, shifting my weight on either leg, hearing Mikoto call for Shouto, I looked towards the boy meeting his eyes. He looked reluctent to leave, but non the less made his way towards Mikoto and Midoriya.

"If I may, why is your brother living here in the dorms with you anyways?" Looking up towards the older man, I let my fingers mess with the spoon in my bowl, looking just past the man's shoulder before focusing back on his face.

"My grandma is in the hospital right now, and so I'm the only one who can watch him," I explained, watching his lips part to ask another question, only for me to cut him off, "My parents went missing after robbing a bank... your a news reporter, you probably heard of it,"

Looking back down at my bowl, I could feel the man's face drop, his lips in a thin line as he examined my behavior.

"I see, so your taking care of him all by yourself?"

Shrugging my shoulders, I responded back plainly, growing tired  of the seemingly repeating conversation, "I get a lot of help from  the teachers and my friends, exspesially now that I'm taking those dumb extra classes cause i failed my licence exam," I sweat dropped, scratching the back of my neck sheepishly.

"I can see why,"

Hearing the comment i faultered slightly, 'Did he just imply that I suck as a hero?!'

Before I could comment on his remark he continues, "You have a lot on your plate, I don't blame you for having to catch up on a few things," He smiled, digging in his back pocket, pulling out a thin black wallet, taking out a small pile of cash before handing it towards me expectently, "Take this. I heard a few roumors about you being the one that pays for your home outside of the dorms,"

Looking back and forth between the cash and the man handing it to me, I shook my head, not wanting it, "N-no thank you sir, I couldn't do that!" I refused, shaking my free hand anxiously.

"Consider it compinsation fro having your pictures in my report," He reasoned, placing the cash in my hand as he walked past me, hands in his pockets as if nothing had happened. "Oh, and by the way!" He called out, looking back towards me over his shoulder, "I'll make sure to print out the photos that complment you the most,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.1K 127 4
ใ‚œ ใƒป. โœฆ The world is endless, the possibilities are endless, yet y...
19.8K 318 33
๐™ƒ๐™ค๐™ฌ ๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™–๐™ก๐™ก ๐™๐™–๐™ฅ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™ฃ๐™š๐™™... ๐™”/๐™ฃ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™– ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐˜ผ๐™›๐™ง๐™ž๐™˜๐™–๐™ฃ-๐˜ผ๐™ข๐™š๐™ง๐™ž๐™˜๐™–๐™ฃ ๐™›๐™š๐™ข๐™–๐™ก๐™š. ๐™ƒ๐™š๐™ง ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™๐™š๐™ง ๐™›๐™–๐™ข๐™ž๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™ข๐™ค๏ฟฝ...
18.6K 383 18
Will he stay pure, or will he turn to the dark side with you? It's your choice! Fair warning, this story is dark and contains mature themes.
211K 5.6K 22
You are a villain, he is becoming a hero... You and Bakugou were friends back in kindergarten through Middle school, however after Middle school you...