Mending What Broke: Todoroki...

By KikichanArtist

The balance between good and evil is anything but simple. People easily assume it's nothing more than black a... More

Character INFO
Welcome To Class 1-A
USJ
Worst First Day
Something Stronger
Never Ending
The Small Things
Heavy Mood
Shadows
Butting Heads
Training
Break At The Park
Talking
Obstacle Race
Distance
Calvary Battle
Flattery
I'll Kill 'Em
Whats Begun
Stay Strong
Plan B
The Line
Encounter
Your Way
Gone
Becoming A Hero
Baby Steps
Electric
Fashion Trouble
"Amazingly Powerful"
Smoker
Hero Killer
Over Use
All Or Nothing
It's Over...Right?
Unsettling
Embarrassed
The Hand Crusher
Worst Patrol Ever
Back To Class
Weird People
Rewind
State Of Mind
Flames
Spiral
Control
Short Encounter
Exam Day
The Exam
Floating
Panic
Hands
Get In Bitches Were Going Shopping
Short Visit
Enjoy It
Mix Up
A Test
Plus Ultra
My Bowl!
Aggressive Wink
Hot Springs
Traitor
Undercover
So Close
Sorry
Past This
As A Hero
Dorms
Chapter 69
Her Desk
Break In
What The Hell Is Happening?!
A Slip Up
Marriage!?
Too Close For Comfort
Distractions
The Anteroom
Conflict
Parent-Teacher Conference
No Problem
The TV
In the Mirror
You Got Mail
Privileged
Nerves
Suspicion
Ice Cream Break
His Daughters
Sweet Smoke
The Secret Mission
Camie
Bunch Of Brats
Turning Back The Page
Go Home
What's Wrong?
Late Nights
One Week
Vending Machine
Chapter 100
A Disadvantage
School Festival
The Bridge
Lost And Found
Preparing for the Festival
Eri
VHS Tapes
Rooftops
Very Pretty
Hero Too
Confuse Me
Endeavor
The Call
Bothersome
Liers
Love Letters
Hype Man
The Dinner
Room 205
Winter Costumes
Mushrooms
Let's Go Team 3!
Five Minute Match
Understanding
Groceries
Simple Questions
Interviews
Birthday Troubles
Christmas In The Dorms
Work-Studies
Flying High
Too Quiet
Late Starts
Dinner for Eight
Natsuo
Painted Walls
Busy Mornings
Change Of Plans
Hot Pot Dinner
After School Shopping
Shoe Shopping
Cold Waters
Bickering
Favors From Endeavor
Decisions
A Truck
Fix It
Letting it Out
Against Better Judgment
Line Of Misfortune
Breathing Exercises
A Grim Future
Nothing Left To Give
Sleepover Betrayals
Tainted Memories
In The Hall
Picking Fights
Bonding Moments
Tomorrow
Pressure
I Know
Better
Silent Promises
A Cold Winter
Missing
A Winter's End
Out Of Hand
Hestia
Hanea

Reporters

2K 110 56
By KikichanArtist

-Y/n's POV-

"A newspaper?"

"Yeah, they wanna do a feature on your class for some reason," Aizawa explained, not sounding too thrilled about the whole event.

Crossing my arms above my chest I huffed, looking off to the side, "I have a few ideas,"

'The hype of All Might is seeming to go down and now they are finally trying to get the scoop on Gina,'

"Isn't that amazing Deku?" Uraraka beamed, jumping towards the green-haired boy who blushed nervously.

"That's kinda surprising huh?"Denki smiled. Koda nodding his head behind them as his fingers fidgeted with one another.

Hearing this, Kirishima shrugged, "Uh, no not really," 

"Yeah, the sports festival was on TV," Ojiro sweatdropped towards the lightning bolt blonde.

Jumping up at the sound of reporters, Hagakure cheered, "We've gotta look super cute in case they want to take our picture!"

"For sure!" Mina joined, causing Jiro to laugh towards Hagakure, seeing as she was...invisible.

"I think you'll be just fine Hagakure"

Sighing at the class's lack of attention, Aizawa raised his voice over the small chatter, "That's enough. It's nothing too exciting. The article is about how you're settling in, adjusting to dorm life- that sort of thing. Principle Nezu thought it'd be a good idea. This will show your parents and guardians that you're happy here," As Aizawa continued to explain, I couldn't help but feel a little left out of the loop, my head drifting off into thought.

'The doctors said Grandma's condition hasn't gotten any better. I thought she'd be back by now. It was just some measly quirk...it- it shouldn't have lasted this long-'

Jumping up slightly, my body stiffened as Aizawa's scarf shot past my head, his grasp on a flailing Mineta as Aizawa scolded him, "I expect you all to be on your best behavior today," Seeing as Aizawa gave Mineta a warning stare, another voice spoke up from another hall.

"Don't worry on my account Mr.Aizawa, I wanna get a feel for what dorm life is really like, so there's no need for them to act any differently than normal,"

"I didn't say that you could come in yet," Aizawa deadpanned, as the man walked into view. His slim figure hunched over slightly, as his wavy black hair draped in front of his face. His rounded glasses shining as he raised his wrist, pointing to the red watch he wore.

"I was told I had from with AM to six PM, so unless my watch is wrong?"

Seemingly fed up, Aizawa's shoulder's dropped, letting Mineta free from his hold as the reporter took his spot beside Aizawa who starred at the man in slight annoyance.

"Hello everyone, my name is Taneo Tokuda. I look forward to learning more about you all,"

Following the class, I gave a small bow to the man, gently giving MIkoto's back a slight nudge as he stared at the man's different colored pupils.

"Nice to meet you,"

"Now, as I said, you don't have to do anything special. Just go about your day exactly how you normally would. The camera will do most of the work. I might ask an occasional question or two, and I'll hope you answer," Giving a closed eye smile, both Mina and Hagakure sighed.

"He's got such a nice smile!" Mina mused, causing Mineta to groan in the back of the class.

"That is so not a woman,"

Placing a delicate hand on top of his head, Ayoma sighed, "What to do? My sparkling personality will undoubtedly draw the camera in like a moth to a flame,"

 "Yeah undoubtedly," Sato repeated, sweat dropping.

"Principle Nezu has probably already spoken to you about this," The reporter spoke, leaning forward slightly, my attention cutting away from him, as a new person showed up behind him, the short brown hair making my stomach drop.

'Come on, not today,'

"But I want to make sure you don't interfere in any way, no offense,"

Raising his hand in defense, Aizawa eased, "I completely understand. If you need anything just let me know,"

"I'm sure I am in very capable hands," Taneo spoke, his head doing a small nervous dip, before looking back up again, "This is class 1-A after all, every student here is a promising candidate,"

Watching as Gina's figure walked up behind the newer man, I looked her over, her hair slightly shorter than it originally was, her gym outfit the wore missing the blue jacket. As she poked her head towards the taller male, she stared up at him for a moment, staying quiet before turning her attention back to me, giving me a small smile before disappearing.

"Iida, if there is a problem, let me know immediately, got it?" Aizawa instructed, looking towards the blue-haired boy, giving me a side glance, before redirecting his attention.

"Of course sir! As class representative, I will play out my duty to ensure the safety of all my fellow students no matter what-"

"That's great thanks," The reporter interrupted, brushing Iida off to the side, causing the boy to sweatdrop. "So what would you normally be doing at this time of day?"

Standing up straighter, Iida spoke once more, "Having breakfast!"

"No need to be so formal, just pretend that I'm not here and go about your business like usual,"

~~~

Sweat dropping, I nervously ate my food as a camera was aimed towards my face. The aim was too close for comfort as I could feel the heat the camera gave off. Feeling Ayoma cut in front of me, I sighed in relief seeing as he attempted to take the camera for himself once again, and away from me.

Feeling my leg bouncing underneath the table, Shouto looked over towards me, taking another sip of his drink before speaking.

"Do you not like the camera?" Straightening up slightly at his question I gave the boy a nervous smile.

"N-no, not really... bad history I suppose," I shrugged, picking at my food, gaining the attention of Tokoyami and Shoji.

"Why is that?" Tokoyami questioned, string his bowl of ramen with his chopsticks.

Swallowing a small lump in my throat, I sweatdropped as the dark-haired man gently urged Atoma aside to aim the camera back towards the table.

"U-hm," I looked between the bird quirked boy and the man with the camera warily. "Sorry- Um, I can't think straight-" I cut myself off, laughing nervously.

"I apologize if I crossed a line of some sort L/n," Tokoyami spoke, setting his bowl down thoughtfully, before leaning back in his chair. 

Dropping my pair of chopsticks, I waved my hands back and forth nervously, "Oh no, Toko, I-I didn't mean-er, I'm sorry, no it's just-" Glancing back at the reporter, I sighed in relief watching him take his leave, moving onto another table. Feeling my shoulders drop, I let my head smack onto the table, feeling exhausted.

Seeing as my actions shook the table, the three boys jumped slightly at my reaction.

"I'm sorry- it's just," Lowering my voice to a whisper, I leaned forwards, "Reporters give me a bit of anxiety," Seeing the man had distanced himself from our table, I sighed, leaning back. "When my parents went missing, reporters were constantly asking me questions, to the point where my grandmother had us move houses for a while," I shrugged. Hearing my phone buzz against the table, I looked down, turning off the alarm.

"Is it time to leave?" Shouto questioned, causing me to hum.

"Yeah," Turning towards Momo's table, I called for Mikoto, "Mikoto, go get your stuff, we have to leave if you want to get to class,"

Groaning, the younger boy got off of his seat, "Who said I wanted to go in the first place?" Frowning at the boy, I pointed in the direction of the steps.

"Go pip-squeak," Huffing out in annoyance, Mikoto made his way up the steps, Shouto pushing his chair back, taking both mine and his bowl, before heading towards Mikoto's seat, taking his dishes from Momo.

"Are you both going?" Shoji inquired, gesturing towards Shouto as he walked into the kitchen.

Picking up my bag, I nodded towards the two, "Yeah, the school thought it'd be a good idea for someone to come with me to drop Mikoto off at school since the train whole train attack thing," I spoke, waving the subject aside.

"I thought the two of you usually leave much earlier than now?" Tokoyami furrowed his brow.

"Yeah, so did I," Shoji agreed looking up towards me as I stood.

"We usually do, but today Mikoto's school had a bit of a delay because of a villain attack."

"The area around there seems to have a pretty high crime rate by the sounds of it. And pretty far. Why not just put Mikoto in a school closer to the campus?" Shoji suggested, taking a bit of his meal.

I shrugged at the two, "I don't want to take him away from his friends, and besides even if I did, I wouldn't know the first step of going about that. My Grandmother usually took care of that sort of thing," Waving them a small goodbye, I continued, "I have to go make sure Mikoto has everything, see you guys later at school!" Turning to go up the steps, I froze coming face to face with a camera, the report clicking the button, capturing yet another embarrassing photo of me.

"You're leaving?" He questioned, looking over his device at me.

"U-Uhm, yeah, I am," I scratched the back of my neck nervously, "I have to drop my little brother off at school,"

"Do you do this often?" He urged, leaning forwards, causing me to back away.

"Everyday," I chuckled, nervously, maneuvering my way behind my previously discarded chair, putting some space in between the reporter and myself. Feeling a familiar tickle on top of my head, I watched as the man's eyes widened, looking at the top of my head, quickly snapping a picture.

"You're head is smoking,"

"It's a part of my quirk-"

"Hey! Now that I think about it, you and your former classmate Yakatama were friends correct? Do you mind if I ask a few things about-"

 "Maybe another time- now if you would please excuse me, I have to get my brother to school," I waved, rushing past the man as Mikoto came down the steps.

Passing Shouto, I quickly grabbed the hem of his shirt sleeve, pulling him towards the door, doing the same with Mikoto. Walking past the couch, Shouto grabbed his bag, keeping his pace. Gently urging them out the door, I quickly shut it behind me, a sigh of relief leaving my lips as I did so.

"Nosy fucker," I grumbled, walking past the boys and towards the school gates.

"You're head is smoking," Shouto pointed out, following behind me with Mikoto at his side.

"You think?" I deadpanned, my temper seemingly short today.

"Great she's crabby today," Mikoto rolled his eyes, looking up towards Shouto.

"Keep talking Mikoto and your getting shoved in Mineta's locker," I threatened, gripping the strap of my bag harshly.

~~~

Sitting across from Shouto at the lunch table, I kept an eye out for that reporter, his whole persona giving me off vibes, whether that was because he himself was a bit odd, or if it was just the fact that he was a reporter.

"You seem on edge today Y/n, what's the matter?" Midoriya questioned, seeing as I had yet to touch my food.

"Uh- yeah, I just... I don't know where that guy is," I grumbled, trying to not look obvious while looking past Urarka, my odd stares, causing her to look behind her too, also not seeing the man in question.

"Kero? Do you mean the Reporter?" Tsu placed a finger to her lips, looking the other way for him now too.

"Why? If you need him for something, I could easily go get him for you-"

"No! N-no thank you, Iida, I-" Looking behind him I shook my head, "Just no- I'm good. I'm actually trying to avoid him," I sweatdropped, earning a confused look.

"He's here to take pictures for the newspaper, you shouldn't be avoiding him," Iida spoke, concerned.

"Between you and me, he's taken more than enough," I struck back, remembering the one I saw earlier today on his camera of me in an awkward pose. "All the pictures of me are so- so, bleh," I waved my hands back and forth as if trying to get something off of them.

Feeling an arm wrap around my shoulders, I looked up towards Uraraka, her pink cheeks lifted into a smile, "I'm sure you look amazing in them. Don't be so negative," She beamed, poking my cheek teasingly.

Rolling my eyes, I laughed at her "Yeah right- I look like a dumpster fire. He got one of me smoking for cripes sake!" I whined out, running a hand down my face.

"Oh, I think I saw that one," Shouto spoke nonchalantly, causing me to freeze in place.

"You what?" I snapped my head towards him, his heterochromia eyes starring back at me.

"I said; Oh, I think I saw that one," He repeated. "I thought it looked like you," He shrugged, going back to his food.

"That's a bad thing Shouto- it's supposed to not look like me- well it is, but like- a hotter version of me," I joked, earning a confused look from him.

"But I thought you were hot in that photo?"

Hearing this, the entirety of the table froze in their place.

"T-todoroki!" Midoriya and Iida sat, appealed by his forward act. Now looking between the two boys, his eyebrows furrowed slightly.

"That's why she was smoking? Wasn't it?"

Feeling smoke rise from my head, I covered my burning face, leaning my forehead against the table. "Shouto, p-please word your sentences better,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44 3 2
To anyone, having a quirk is the best thing to ever have. It improved the lives of many and made each and every individual unique in their own way. P...
114K 3.7K 63
(Multi MHA X reader, will include polyamory) Warning, this story contains mature themes and triggers, including but not limited to abuse, rape, murde...
12.4K 140 5
゜ ・. ✦ The world is endless, the possibilities are endless, yet y...
212K 5.6K 22
You are a villain, he is becoming a hero... You and Bakugou were friends back in kindergarten through Middle school, however after Middle school you...