CHAPTER TWENTY

CHAPTER TWENTYchicago/ safehouse

CHAPTER TWENTY
chicago/ safehouse

HARLOW CARRIED THE DOCTOR WITH HER FINGERS, vibrations lifting him up. she felt her nose start to bleed, so she wiped it quickly before anyone noticed. "who's this?" jason asked looking at the painting on the wall. harlow dropped the doctor, the body making a loud thud. dick looked at harlow with a 'seriously' look, which she returned a innocent smile back at him.

"nicocolo machiavelli." dick said as harlow opened her mouth. she glared at him as he returned a innocent smile back at her. harlow shook her head, grabbing a beer from the counter looking to see where the replacement 'harlow' went.

"oh yeah." bea  walked in the room, she stepped over the doctor, not even paying attention to him. "bruce talked about that dude, sounds like a savage." she was on her phone again, she grabbed a beer bottle from harlow making the brunette glare at the younger girl. bea continued to walk until she laid on the couch, playing on her phone.

"if an injury has to be done to a man, it should be so severe that is vengeance need not to be feared." dick quoted making everyone look at him , "serveries should be dealt out all at once, so that their suddenness may give less offense. benefits ought to be handed out drop-by-drop."

"so they may be relished the more." harlow finished quietly. dick and her heard that quote many times , it was practically in their brains. the two adults both smiled at each other, dick looking away from harlow and she just frowned. bea looked up to see the interaction, making her cringe. she wanted them to get back together, for the sake of everyone in their lives.

"you know, i used to read about you two as a kid." jason admitted, "bruce told me tons of awesome stories about you two. the way that he could never fight like you two fought when you two were with each other." harlow took another drink, feeling the beer hit the back of her throat as the crime fighting memories resurfaced. 

"i bet he has."

"and that iconic kick." bea butted in, "how do you get over his head? like using a bostaff won't get you over that easy, and how do you concentrate?"

harlow chuckled, "it took us months to get that down." dick looked at her, "tons of bruises also." she leaned on her right foot crossing her arms, "don't steal our move." the part wasn't a joke but harlow made it seem like a joke. bea nodded slowly, looking at her phone again before cringing at whatever she read.

"oh trust me, we'll never get that down." jason admitted before looking at dick, "I know it's none of my business but he never said why you quit." dick stopped from looking around to look at jason, harlow glanced over at him. dick didn't answer instead he grabbed the doctors feet.

"i guess i just couldn't cut it." dick admitted.

"why did you two break apart then?" bea asked quickly. harlow looked at her feet, why did they? dick left her but harlow never attempted to go back.