CHAPTER NINETEEN

CHAPTER NINETEEN

"FOLLOW ME. GUYS I HAVE GREAT NEWS." dick stated as he walked in the room with Jericho? harlow and Olivia both shared looks, harlow fiddled with sabrinas sweatshirt, tears filling her eyes as she saw sabrina's dead body once again.

"you're rejoining the circus?" hank asked which made harlow laugh, she snorted which made hank shake his head. dick would never rejoin the thing he lost the two people he loved in, that was a fact.

"no." dick replied, "you have to see this." harlow scratched her nose as they looked at Jericho, this may or not go well. Jericho, wait. why was he here? dick was supposed to cut ties with him.

"you should've called." harlow mumbled as she sat on the counter. she smiled at Jericho, who smiled back at her. she liked the kid, he didnt deserve all this.

"something came up. go ahead, show them." dick looked at Jericho with an encouraging look. this, what was happening? harlow thought

"he's asking who?" olivia signed for dawn.

"who what?" hank asked as harlow stood next to dick, the two looked at each other, harlow giving him an confused look but then dick smiled.

"hank." he gestured which made harlow smile confusingly. Olivia looked at hank with a smile that showed she was trying to hold it back.

"hank what?"

"look at Jericho." dick smiled as harlow looked at Jericho, he shut his eyes, something harlow does. then his eyes turned white as hank started to freak out.

"I don't know what this is about but..." he paused and smiled, "dance." Olivia immediately burst into laughing as harlow looked back and forth at the two confusingly. hank grabbed dawns hand, "lets dance."

"what?" Olivia, harlow and dawn all asked, harlow finished, "what the fuck?" dawn and hank started dancing which made harlow let out a smile.

"my mom taught me this one," hank added as he spun dawn around.

"what's happening to hank? this is some har- silver trickster shit." Olivia said as harlow glared at her, "just saying."

"I'm very good at this," hank spun around and chuckled as harlow looked at dick. what the fuck? dick just found out Jericho had powers?

"that's not hank." dick replied.

"so this like, invasion of the body snatchers?" donna asked.

"kind of, I can make my  consciousness jump into anyone I can make eye contact with." hank, Jericho, explained, "I control everything. what they do,  what they say. hank has no idea I've rented him out."

"no way." harlow whispered as she looked at Jericho, then hank again. "wait so its basically mind control but you're in their body?" she looked over at dick who shrugged innocently.

"I hope this doesn't freak you out." dawn translated.

"kind of." Olivia said as donna said 'this is amazing.'

"no." hank, Jericho said, "is this amzaing." hank lifted his shirt, harlows mouth dropped as Olivia blinked twice, "it sucks to have to give it up." seconds later hank looked around at them confusingly, Olivia holding back the classic 'cressy' smirk. "did I just black out?" he asked, "and pull my groin?" Jericho started to laugh which made hank look at him, "what are you laughing at? did you just-"

harlow stood in front of Jericho, "he says sorry!" she quickly said, "hank, listen man, he's sorry!" hank stepped closer to her which made harlow flinch, which made Olivia scrunch her face up as dick looked over at her. "he's sorry."

"where did you get this power?" donna asked, harlow looked over at dick who gave her a frown. he knew something was off. harlow didn't even what was wrong.

"he doesn't know." dawn translated, "he thinks its from the drugs his dad took when he was in the military. how long have you had this power?" harlow looked at Jericho, "he doesn't know, since he was a kid. the only person he told was his dad, once."

"the only other person he told was his mom. until now." Olivia finished, "body hopping..." she mumbled, "you know there's so much you can do with that-"

"d, can I talk to you?" harlow asked quickly, she didn't want to hear anymore. she wasn't mad at dick, just frustrated ever since she saw the church thing... she didn't want dick to get hurt. or jericho, who they were just using. they went to the training room, harlow turned around to look at dick who was slightly flinching. "we were supposed to cut ties dick."

"I know, its just... when I saw his gift-"

"dick. he's just a kid, we both know he's to young to be doing what... we do." harlow cut off, "but we're using a damaged fucked up kid who wanted some friends." dick looked in her eyes," we all want slade, but using Jericho, that's fucked up."

"he took from us." dick pointed out which made harlow look at the ground, "we lost sabrina to wildflower, i cant loose anyone anymore."

"dick, he's been taking from us." harlow said quickly, "I wake up alone, I fall asleep alone. you're a ghost around here sometimes, don't get me wrong I have my days. but dick-"

"I'm sorry." dick apologized as harlow looked at him, "I know I've been burning it both ends. and I know how this looks.. me bringing him here and taking him on. but I'm telling you, he needs us."

"needs us for what?" harlow asked as she started to play with her ring.

"a place to belong." dick replied, "he wants to be out there in the world, to find his people. but for him, its not gonna be so easy. he's a freak."

"cause he has powers? you're basically calling me a freak." harlow deadpanned as she bit in the inside of her lip. "we're freaks! every single one of us are freaks dick."

dick scoffed, "exactly."

harlow sighed, "you do have a saving people problem, dick grayson."

"I'm working on it-"

"that's one of the reasons I fell in love dickwad." harlow replied with a smirk, she looked at the ceiling. "if he stays, he tell him the truth. how we all met and why. cards on the table." dick nodded at his girlfriend, who was regretting a bunch of decisions.

"cards on the table." dick replied as harlow nodded. she didn't want this, but she didn't want to argue with dick. when they argue it usually doesn't end well, which sucks. after this, harlow violet regretted many things she's ever done.