CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER FIVEwashington dc

CHAPTER FIVE
washington dc

rewritten

HARLOW WOKE UP TO THE SOUND OF WALKING. she realized where she was, making her realize it wasn't a dream. harlow was hoping all of this was a dream, hell a nightmare. the blanket on her fell off overnight, which resulted into her freezing. hank loved the tower freezing cold, which pissed harlow off. 

harlow rolled over, opening her eyes to see ellie eating cereal. it was light out, way brighter than it should be in the morning. "well good morning sleeping beauty." hank joked from the kitchen. harlow checked the time 11:34, holy shit. 

harlow was definitely not a sleeper, she usually stayed up all night worrying about dick. maybe now that she was finally over him, she didn't have to worry if he was alright. she didn't have to worry if he was dead. harlow didn't care.

"hello asshat." harlow replied taking a drink of her beer. she noticed dick was gone, "where did dickwad go?" hank shrugged as harlow fixed her hair with one swipe of her hand, red electricity brushed her hair for harlow, she didn't have to worry. dick had brought that suitcase with the computer, and it was sitting right in front of her.

it was asking for her to snoop through it. all her questions could be solved by her looking through it, she just knew. dick probably never changed the password, he was gone, harlow could just take a little look. "dawn, ellie, and rachel are out shopping." hank said sitting down next to harlow. "what happened to you? quit the job?"

"barry and i had a little... fight." harlow replied taking a swig of her beer. there was a small frown forming on her lips, "dick left, i was pissed at everything. i blew up at him and left the job. i haven't done any fighting since." another swig. drinking her problems away was definitely not the best answer but yet she still was. "i hear you're still doing it."

"after tonight, i'll be done." hank replied watching the younger girl run a hand through her hair. she was stressed when she couldnt do anything to help hank. to save him probably. "dont stress out, please." hank put a hand to her shoulder which made harlow look back at him, "i know you have a lot on your plate, i dont need you worrying about me. okay silver?"

"you got it hawk."

☆════ ⋆★⋆ ════☆

HARLOW LEFT TO GO GET FOOD, LEAVING DICK WHO JUST WALKED IN THE DOOR. the two locked eyes, harlow clenching her jaw before closing the door. there was a small part of her that wanted harlow to open the door and go into his arms, forgiving him. she never hated him as much as she did right now, even if she did it wouldn't last long.