CHAPTER SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVENsomewhere heading to ohio

CHAPTER SEVEN
somewhere heading to ohio

rewritten

ELLIE SAT IN A MYSTERIOUS WOMANS CAR, her arms were crossed as she looked at her phone which was dead. was harlow alive? was she okay? was dick okay? many questions poured through her head as they drove farther away from where ellie wanted to go., "thats not mine." the lady said as she threw the air freshener, (she broke the comfortable silence), right at ellie.. "we've never met? ever?"

rachel shook her head and the woman looked back at ellie, "nope, maybe my friend would know you but not me." ellie explained remembering harlow talking about a magenta hair lady years ago. then it hit her, harlow talked about a woman who had fire powers that were in her dreams when ellie first met harlow. it was one of things harlow had, dreams about the future... it usually caused her to wake up screaming and crying, dick comforting her all night as she watched dead bodies and people die in front of her. 

"fuck." the lady cursed looking back at the road, ellie sighed looking out of the window. she could just teleport out of here but that would leave rachel, ellies not leaving rachel. ellie hated leaving people, she wouldn't do that to rachel.

 ellie didn't even know if harlow was alive, if she was even looking for ellie and rachel. maybe harlow left dick in a hurry after seeing what was happening. her heart broke for harlow, who was alone with dick at the moment... maybe dick was dead because of the powerful woman. who knows? maybe ellie will be killed any moment.

"you know its a weird question right?"

"just sit there and be quiet. i need to think." the lady snapped making ellie snicker in the backseat. rachel sighed before putting her hand on the ladies shoulder, "do not do that! what did you just do anyway?"

"she can look at your mind." ellie said making rachel nod, "badass actually." ellie adjusted her seating in the car, her feet up on the seat as she tapped her dead phone. 

"well i can feel what other people are feeling. but i couldn't feel anything from you." rachel explained making ellie look up from her shoes. great, she thought. "who are you? what do you want from me?"

"i don't know." the lady answered eyeing ellie in the back. ellie put her hands on her knees, thinking. the lady could be working for the government? who knows anymore in this world. "just know that there are people out there trying to hurt you two and i'm not. ok?"

"that's reassuring." ellie mumbled looking at the lady driving. yep, definitely something off with the lady.  she didn't know what- ellie shook her head, the lady kidnapped them! 

"who were they? those people, what do they want from you two?" the lady asked looking back at ellie who shrugged, why would she know harlow was the mind reader of the group. she really needed harlow to come up with a plan at the moment, how to escape.