CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT

CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHTchicago

chicago

HARLOW MISSED DONNA IF SHE HAD TO BE HONEST. the last time she saw her was when dick left and harlow came over to donnas apartment to cry for hours. donna and harlow were a duo, if dick and harlow never worked out for fighting, donna and harlow were the ones to beat. donna learned how harlow fought and the two worked for hours to figure out how to fight equally.

"twenty..." dick counted as the two walked down the street. harlow was nowhere to be seen, he was hoping that she was still around. he paused as he knocked on the door, it opening to donna and harlow chuckling at something donna said. 

donna frowned at dick, she walked past him with harlow, "are you coming or not?" harlow asked fixing her coat. harlow and donna both looked at each other, donna with a small smirk at harlow who shook her head at the brunette hero. 

"wait so, you left barry?" donna asked after harlow told her everything. dick stayed silent on the other side of donna, watching as harlow nodded slowly. "ouch. and you left bruce?"

"I'm on a hiatus." harlow pointed at donna with a small smile, "maybe."

"not batman this time." dick replied making harlow scrunch up her face, "robin."

"okay. what happened?" donna asked giving harlow a side glance. she stayed quiet, while dick talked. harlow wondered what would happen if her father found her alive and breathing, would he kill harlow on the spot, or would he take her in to train her? harlow shook her head, he would kill her of course... right?

"I know. I went cold turkey. burned the suit." dick said making harlow snap out of her thoughts, harlow just threw her suit in the closet at her apartment. actually she had no idea were it went, cisco probably took it so his 'prized possessions' wouldn't be ruined. 

"wow!" donna replied, surprised, "that's dramatic, mine's in the closet. those things are expensive." harlow chuckled agreeing with her, "you didn't burn your suit right?"

"nope." harlow replied looking at donna with a smile on her face, "mines with cisco, you know what he would do to me if i burned his suit." donna nodded with a small chuckle, resting her hand on harlow's shoulder making harlow go wide eyed. harlow and donna were different, they never dated, yet they acted like they did. probably because of how close they were to each other. 

"so how did you do it?" dick asked, looking over at harlow with a small frown. she ran a hand through her hair, staring at the people walking past her. he noticed how she softly smiled at the younger girl, who accidentally bumped into her then ran to her father who was ahead of them. harlow smiled at the interaction, remembering how she was 'daddy's girl' when she was growing up. 

"do what?" donna  replied.

"quit." dick finished.

"I didn't quit." she shot back, as they stopped. harlow stood in front of donna as she turned to dick, "I just...stopped."

"how is that different?" dick asked as harlow frowned.

"you'll figure it out, really." donna sighed, "the hardest part is that it just takes time." harlow crossed her arms, waving at the two kids like they knew who she was. harlow watched as the two boys ran past her, holding silver trickster comics. harlow barely had time to process it, realizing they figured out who she was. 

"is it alright if i stay for a while?" harlow asked looking back over at her best friend with puppy dog eyes. donna rolled her eyes, "please. i'll take the couch." donna immediately nodded with a small smirk, making harlow snicker as they did there handshake. 

"it's got your name on it." donna replied before looking  at dick, "i guess you can have the other. as long as you two still have game." 

she sprinted past dick making him move out of the way. harlow watched in amusement as donna did a flip over the truck, " damn." harlow breathed out with wide eyes before looking at her ex boyfriend, "you're next boy wonder."

"fuck me." dick replied before going over the truck also, harlow looked away because it would be a boring way. harlow noticed someone staring at her from across the street, when a car drove past they disappeared. the brunette shrugged it off, "we're waiting!"

harlow ran as fast as she could, placing her hands to the sides of her. vibrations came out of them, making harlow fly on top of the truck. she did a pose to donna and dick, flipping them both off before jumping down, causing vibrations to send everywhere. "ta-daa." harlow mumbled sarcastically, donna placing her arm around her friends shoulders.

"not bad boy wonder and tricky." donna replied dragging harlow with her, leaving dick behind them. harlow looked back at dick, sending him a small smile before donna slapped her. she gave harlow a look saying 'dont fall for the act'

dick chuckled, "that's my favorite one."

"all right, look. i've got a showing of some of my work later. why don't you two come along and hang out with some fabulous, normal people." harlow groaned playfully, she hated small talk, and people. "how does that sound?"

"great!" dick said in his 'cheerful' voice? harlow looked over at him, she shook her head. nope. no. dick grayson did not sound like that. "too much?" he asked harlow who scrunched up her face.

"yeah, a little bit." donna said, harlow gave him a pat on the shoulder.

"yeah." dick smiled.

"yeah." harlow and donna mumbled  giving him a 'dumbass' look. harlow couldn't stop smiling, "why am i doubting this idea already?"

"cause we're your favorites." harlow pointed out running up to donna, they left dick behind but he caught up smiling, "duh." harlow wrapped her arm around donna's shoulder, leaning her head on it as they chuckled.

for the first time in years she was happy. 

𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐕𝐈𝐕𝐎𝐑𝐒 -titans.On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara