CHAPTER THIRTY

CHAPTER THIRTYchicago

CHAPTER THIRTY
chicago

GRIFFIN WAS STANDING IN THE CORNER OF THE ROOM, his tuxedo being fixed by a random woman. he stared at someone else though, harlow violet. she was stunning, even in a sweatshirt and flannel jacket over top of it. he couldn't completely remember why he loved her when they were younger, yet now that he was looking at her, he remembered why. harlow was beautiful, smart, kind, she deserved someone that loved her. 

yet, dick grayson wasnt the person for harlow. griffin figured that out, he didnt need to remember why he loved harlow. it was because he used her, griffin never loved harlow when they were younger but he had to. it was for one person, david violet. griffin knew exactly why he was at donna's party tonight, just to spy on harlow. here he was, watching her closely while texting david, who was three blocks down from the party. 

"make any new friends? learn anything?" donna asked, snapping harlow out of her thoughts. the brunette noticed dick stood next to her now, getting closer and closer to the ex hero each time griffin stared at harlow. donna wrapped her arm around harlows shoulder, pulling her away from dick. 

"well, I've had about 100 of these bacon wrapped dates." dick replied making harlow shake her head. she leaned onto donna, the two smirking towards each other. harlow noticed griffin acting strangely more than usual, he looked at his phone 20 times in the past 5 minutes, and each time he did he texted someone on it. it was all after looking at harlow. 

"great. look, I just... I got a text. it's a work thing." donna pulled out her phone and put it back in her pocket. right, work thing... harlow thought as she lifted her weight on her right foot.

"so we're leaving?" the other two asked as harlow looked at griffin, he was being oddly suspicious. harlow swallowed, stepping away from donna and dick as she walked up to griffin. "am i distracting you?" she asked, her tone mysterious and dangerous. it was like venom from a snake, barely coming off the tongue, yet it was still dangerous and deadly. 

"yes, yes you are." griffin replied, his tone way different from earlier. harlow rolled her eyes with a scoff before being dragged outside, his hand on her wrist, tight. harlow pulled him close, her back landing on the wall behind her. it was like being dragged into something she didnt want to do anymore, yet she still did it. 

harlow looked into his mysterious  brown eyes, she couldn't pull away. it was a trance, her insides screamed no but she leaned in to kiss him. the world spun around harlow, she didnt know what she was doing. her heart screamed at harlow stood stop, yet her head told her to do this. harlow realized what she was doing, pushing griffin off of her as soon as their lips touched. harlow couldn't do that to dick, she couldn't love someone else.

harlow smiled, realizing that even that dick left he would always love her. he did it for her, he left to save her life. she couldn't leave him now that he was back, she finally got her wishes. the stars finally aligned, her heart was being picked back up, her head became less foggy. harlow realized something for the first time in years, she loved dick grayson. not because she had to, it was because she realized she couldn't love anyone else. he would always love her, she would always love him.