CHAPTER TWENTY SIX

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX

"THIS LOOKS LIKE IT'S GONNA TAKE A WHILE." harlow mentioned as she leaned forward in the car, she had her elbows rested in the center counsel right next to Barrys arms. they looked at a formal party, that harlow did not wanna go into.

"not if you know how to work the system." Ralph replied, "I spent the whole summer hobnobbing with the rich, the famous, the infamous. relax I got this." harlow shook her head, she also knew how to deal with rich, 'dick'.

"yeah, I can't imagine spending a whole summer undercover with this crowd." he looked over at harlow, who smirked, "what does a gala event have to do with sues disappearance anyway?"

"right before sue vanished, she was wearing a one of a kind victoria veil in Milan." Ralph explained, "this photo was taken three weeks ago." Ralph showed the duo a photo of a nice dress, which was white. "its the exact same dress. sue was here. and either she's still here or somebody in there knows why she isn't. time to suit up."

"no." harlow groaned but went along with it. barry grabbed his flash ring as he looked back at harlow, "fuck off dad."

"what?" barry raised his hands in surrender with a smirk, "how's dick? do I need to kill him?"

"yeah right. you don't wanna start another 'batman versus' thing. we don't need a sequel. plus, you would never kill him." barry chuckled which made harlow roll her eyes, "he's fine, maybe. we're taking a 'break' I guess."

"remember.?"

"I remember, if he breaks my heart you'll break him. thanks dad, I know." harlow reassured as she pat her fathers shoulder. the two got out of the car to see Ralph holding a suit and a dress. "oh my god."

"lose the ring pal, and whatever you have." Ralph stated which made harlow and barry both groan. "this is how we suit up tonight." harlow looked at dress, it was actually nice. he gave the two a smirk, harlow flipped him off with a cocky smile.

after they got dressed, harlow, barry, and Ralph walked down the stairs in the formal party. harlow was fixing her hair. "so if anyone knows were sue is, it'll be the parties host-"

"there's hundreds of people in here Ralph," harlow pointed out as she looked around. "how do we narrow it down, without me using my abilities."

"the VIP longue." Ralph replied, "thats were anyone, I mean anyone will be going to kiss the proverbial ring." harlow looked at the door, which had two guards. she could easily go in with a simple 'let me in' but she didn't know if there was power dampeners. "we need to get in there." Ralph was pulling on his bowtie, harlow looked at her ring to see if her makeup was smudged.

"here, mine was tight too. just let me..." barry went to fix Ralphs tie, the two were definitely a duo, harlow thought. Ralph was harlows friend, the two would make fun of random things, plus his powers were super cool.

"now I have ten selfies of inside barry allens nose." Ralph said which made harlow chuckle softly, barry looked at him, basically glared at him.

"a camera tie?" he asked in disbelief. "what, you have a knife shoe and a grapple hook belt too?" harlow had a knife on her leg, but she didn't want to mention that.

"maybe." Ralph replied as harlow smiled at the two. barry rolled his eyes before turning to look at harlow, "time to charm. wait for my signal." Ralph stepped forward, barry looked back and forth.

"Ralph, what's the-" Ralph ignored him, which made harlow look over at barry, "shut it."

"I hate you." harlow replied with a playful grin, which barry sighed.