CHAPTER ONE

rewritten

CHAPTER ONE detroit 

CHAPTER ONE 
detroit 

YEARS PASSED, PEOPLE GREW UP, PEOPLE LEFT EACH OTHER, CHILDREN GREW OLDER. but one thing that never changed was harlow violets love for dick grayson. even after he left her unexpectedly, harlow still loved him. he was one of the people that harlow trusted first after her parents death, he was the person that saved her no matter what happened... how could she loose her love for him?

harlow of course moved on, she got more boyfriends, well ex boyfriends. she quit being a hero, even after barry's protests. harlow got a real job as a profiler, worked with an amazing crew, and moved on from everything. she would still visit the west's and the 'team flash' but never worked with them.

harlow was done with that, with loosing five friends, almost dying, watching loved ones get hurt because of herself... harlow was actually glad dick left her. leaving her showed harlow that she didn't need men to help her with her life. harlow knew that dick would have girlfriends, hell maybe he even had kids, but that didn't stop her from missing him. it was a little bit obsessive that dick grayson was harlow violets soulmate.

she didn't know why he left her, harlow did nothing wrong at all. she thought maybe it was because he was afraid of her, just like everyone else was. or maybe he just didn't love her all along, which thinking about really sucked.

"violet, you here?" freddie morgan snapped his fingers in front of the brunettes face, making her snap out of her daze. freddie raised an eyebrow as harlow blinked a few times, "whose the special guy?!" he exclaimed making workers look at him. freddie was harlow's best friend, someone who replaced ellie, who also left harlow after harlow almost killed ellie's brother. "spill."

"no one." harlow replied as her eyes rolled. freddie scoffed as harlow grabbed the nearest folder, she could hear people talking in her head, something she could never control. she saw images of dead bodies, kids crying, everything she used to see in central city. harlow clenched her fist in anger, she hated thinking about her childhood.

harlow's childhood was supposed to be with her parents, her pet dog sparky, and at home in central city. instead it was ripped away as soon as she watched her parents lifeless bodies fall to the ground after they promised they would be alive for years. her childhood ended as soon she watched her best friend die in her arms. all that happened because harlow decided to go out that night with her parents, and made them go the way that they never went before. she was the reason everyone she loved was dead. 

"team meeting."  gnash said as she tapped on harlow's door. the two in the room looked up as the brunette walked away in a hurry, which meant this was urgent. harlow shut the case file that she pretended to read and set it on top of her laptop. freddie and harlow walked down the hall quickly, then into the conference room. 

"16 year old girl missing and her mother dead. rachel roth either ran away from home after her mother was killed or she was kidnapped. witnesses say she got onto a bus... " alexandria explained, her eyes on the screen as a blue haired girl popped up. harlow grabbed the photo's of the dead mother, "the police believe she was heading for detroit so violet and morgan head up there to see if anyone has seen her." freddie and harlow nodded as they fist bumped. "the rest head down there to see if rachel did it."