CHAPTER NINE

CHAPTER NINE

"I GOT SOMETHING!" dick yelled as they walked back up from the train tunnels.

"she's not moving." Ellie whispered as they hurried up their pace. if harlow was dead, or even bea. one of the robins would flip out, ellie  wished it wasnt dick. jason would probably try to do something dumb if his girlfriend ended up dead, dick would mostly likely freak out. 

"its fucking dr. light." dick sighed as they found beas tracker.

"what the fuck." hank mumbled as he looked up. "isn't that bea?"

there she was. standing right in front of them, bawling her eyes out. they let her go? ellie thought as she looked straight at them. bea ran up to them and cried, "he said that..." she just tried as dawn pulled her in.

all of a sudden a cell phone rang. dawn was still hugging bea, which who was still crying. dick grabbed the phone and answered, he was biting the inside of his lip. if bea was alive, they might be using harlow.

"I see you found my gifts." deathstroke mocked in the phone while he looked at harlow who was staring at the wall. she had tears running down her cheek, but she still said nothing. wildflower taught her not to say anything, she just wanted her boyfriend.

"its Deathstroke." bea said quietly. everyone looked at her, "and wildflower, and harlows dad. they are all there."

"where's harlow?" dick asked quickly after he heard the names. this wasnt going well for harlow, she had three people that hated her, well they kidnapped her.

"oh. you mean your little girlfriend?" wildflower laughed walking in the room, harlow still said nothing. "don't worry about her, she's in good hands."

"fuck off." harlow finally yelled.

"harlow shut up." ellie mumbled, anything could make one of them angry to kill her. then they heard her getting beat up, dick flinched like he was there.

"you fucking bastards! come try that shit with me!" hank yelled as bea bit her lip. why did they let me go? she thought.

dick remained calm, "just tell us what you want."

wildflower grabbed harlows, throat. she realized her air supply was going out quick, she was gonna die. harlow tried to get air, but it was useless.  "as I was saying." Deathstroke stated in the phone, " if you want her back, hand over rose."

he still didn't let go. "how do we know you're gonna keep your promise?" ellie asked before dick. then they heard harlow breathing again, donna took a sigh of relief.

harlow was gasping while crying, "don't do it, please. leave me." harlow cried which resulted in them hitting her again.

"tonight 3:00 am." Deathstroke replied "embarcado plaza. outside, we this phone to confirm-"

"shut up." harlow mumbled with a smirk, Ellie knew what she was doing. harlow wanted to die, if she died dick wouldn't hand over rose. "don't do it guys, please." then the line went silent. ellie ran a hand through her hair as she paced.

"why did harlow edge them on?" bea asked silently. "she did that a lot, made them angry actually. it was like she-"

"she wanted to die." Ellie and dick both stated.

dicks face grew pale as everyone looked at him. the words came out of his mouth, they all knew it was true. well none of them wanted to believe it.

"what do you mean?" bea asked quickly. "why would she wanna die, she has you guys..." bea looked at the ground, "they won't kill her. i promise you dick, it would be dumb to kill her." that's what he hoped.