CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

chicago

"I CAN'T TELL YOU WHAT PASSED FOR PANCAKES IN THAT PLACE, BUT..." angela said as harlow took a bite of her eggs. "they didn't resemble this." ellie was sitting by rachel, across from harlow and dick who stayed unusually quiet coming down the stairs. kory thought it was a little odd how the two barely looked at each other, harlow rolled her eyes usually when ellie raised an eyebrow at her.

"well it was mostly him." rachel replied  as gar lifted his hand up.  harlow sighed, she would have to tell them at her and dick were leaving. dick may come back, but harlow made sure she wouldn't come back. harlow needed to move on from dick grayson, and staying with him wouldn't make that happen.

"look rachel..."-"I was wondering" dick and angela said at the same time, dick being the gentlemen pointed at angela for her to speak, "please."

"rachel has been explaining your situation to me." Angela started making harlow raise her eyebrows. how much of it? she thought as ellie kicked harlow from under the table, which made harlow open her mouth to scold her but ellie just smiled like a 2 year old. "I understand this place is a loan?"

"unofficially. the owner didn't exactly give me permission to stay here but..." dick finished as harlow watched ellie take a sip of her coffee.

"I may have another option." angela said as ellie coughed cause she choked on her coffee for no reason. dick smiled at ellie as she watched harlow start to laugh. she grabbed her napkin hiding her smile. "I have a house, in ohio, it's been in my.." she paused looking at rachel, "our family for decades. I was hoping that you, we, all of you are welcome there for as long as you want. I have more than enough room, and it's the least I can do." harlow glanced at dick, well about that. "although I wonder what happens to your home when you've been locked away for 5 years."

"back taxes, ton of unopened mail, I imagine." kory replied  looking at the table, "what did you have in your fridge?" ellie giggled as harlow frowned, she shut her eyes because of a headache. harlow got no sleep all night, she laid in bed hoping to wake up from this nightmare she was in.

"this could be like our secret base." gar  froze, his eyes lighting up, "oh this is so cool, isn't it?"

harlow stood up from the table quickly, causing everyone to look at her. the woman walked out of the room, grabbing her bag. she needed to leave now, no goodbyes, just leave. goodbyes were  hard on harlow, so she just needed to leave a note.

"let me guess, you're leaving?"

☆════ ⋆★⋆ ════☆

"SO WHAT? THIS IS LIKE THE END OF THE TEAM?" gar asked as the seven walked outside.

"well..."

"technically we were never a team." dick replied as harlow and ellie walked ahead. the two never let go of their hands, they didn't want to say goodbye. goodbyes sucked for harlow, you never know if you will see them again. ellie and harlow turned to hug each other, making ellie sniffle.

"i'll miss you."

"oh we were a team." kory interrupted as harlow let go of ellie, the two giving each other frowns. they didnt want to leave each other, but harlow had to. 

"I swear to god har, if you start crying-"

"I'm not!" harlow exclaimed smiling. ellie laughed as they hugged again, "I'm gonna miss you, lee." ellie jumped up making everyone look at her, "what?"

"you said it!" ellie exclaimed making harlow sigh, "you said lee!"

"that is your nickname?" harlow chuckled as people walked by them, "ignore us!" she called out to an elderly couple, ellie hugged harlow one last time before looking at the team. ellie stood next to gar as they looked at the 'complicated' ex lovers.

"we'll see you all again sometime." dick said, "rachel..." rachel didn't look at them making kory walk past dick putting a hand on his shoulder.

"she'll be okay." she said as harlow spun around, "me and ellie will get them all to the house safely, make sure there are no stragglers on our tail."

"then what?" harlow asked fixing her bag.

"then I guess it's time to be kory anders." kory responded as dick put his arm around ellies shoulders, the two hugging for the last time in a while.

"and who is she?" dick asked. ellie and gar chuckled making harlow look back and they looked around like they never laughed.

"maybe whoever I want her to be." kory laughed.

"must be something to have no past." dick said making harlow smile at kory. harlow wondered what it would be like, having no past, redoing your life. making sure you don't want the same goddamn mistakes that you made before.

"oh it's something alright. I hope you find who's inside of there dick grayson and harlow violet." the three chuckled as harlow shrugged. dick looked over at harlow as she smiled at kory, she is beautiful, he thought before looking back at kory.

"you too kory anders, or whatever your actual name is." dick said before harlow sighed, she turned around one last time before running into ellies arms. ellie jumped back but chuckled as she wrapped her arms around harlows body.

"great now I'm gonna cry." Ellie said as harlow pulled out of a hug, "make sure he doesn't kill himself."

"right." harlow whispered, before sighing, "make sure they dont kill themselves yeah?"

"I'll probably kill myself dealing with them." ellie chuckled as harlow smiled, "ok now leave so I don't have to cry in front of you." dick chuckled as harlow walked back to them, harlow gave kory one last look before the two walked away from the group.

"wait!" rachel called out as she ran into dicks arms, he hugged back making harlow smile. dick was actually good with kids, he would be a great father one day. he was playful at times, he knew how to make you laugh. everything.

rachel pulled out of the hug, she looked at harlow before hugging her. "assholes." she said as she stood in front of the two, harlow rolled her eyes playfully looking at the young girl.

"you sure you're gonna be ok?" dick asked to make sure everything would be alright.

"what do you think?" eachel asked and the rest of the friends walked up behind her, Ellie smiled at harlow mouthing 'call me later'. harlow nodded before looking at Rachel, she could feel the smirk crawl on her face as Ellie did their hand signal for 'be safe'

dick smiled before turning around, harlow walked in a different direction to her car. he was going to see her in a few minutes anyway, yet it would still be the same. she would still hate dick grayson

brynn speaks|

once again. i hate this chapter. i'm so sorry for the bad writing lol