07 | De Martel

07 | De Martel

It was midnight and another class for astronomy. Mia always hated astronomy due to the fact that she finds it boring. Nonetheless, she still attends the class because Maven drags her to it.

She yawned, trying to stay awake. Her eyes were barely opened when she heard Maven whisper.

"You look like shit." Maven stated whilst writing down notes.

She scoffed. "Thanks, Mavey. I haven't noticed." she said sarcastically. "I hate you for making me come to this classes." 

Maven rolled his eyes at his best friend. "We both know you can't hate someone."

"Yeah. You're right." Mia chuckled. "I just want to get this class over with."

"It'll be over in a couple of minutes, love. Then, you'll get your beauty rest." Maven emphasized.

"I will be pairing you up for a project. I want you and your partner to name all the Jupiter and Saturn moons with drawings and origins. The project must be submitted at Sunday." Professor Sinistra announced before calling on the names of pairs.

The students were groaning at the fact that they were given another project. Nonetheless, they had to participate if they want to pass Astronomy. The students paid attention as Professor Sinistra announced the pairs for the project.

"Jones and McKinnon. Last but not the least, Black and De Martel. I expect that you will help each other and not relay on your partner. Class dismissed."

Mia sat up straight upon being called with her eyes widening . Marlene was giving her a sympathetic smile and Maven furrowed his brows.

"Why are you always with that git?" Maven grumpily said.

Mia shrugged. "Dunno. Let's worry about it .Come on, I wanna sleep." she yawned as she stood up and slung her bag on her shoulder.

The three Gryffindors made their way out of the Astronomy tower, little did they know a slytherin boy was catching up to them.

"De Martel!" Regulus called out making the three Gryffindors to stop walking.

"I'll meet you guys at the common room, okay?" Mia said.

"Are you? We can wait for you if you want." Maven offered with a worried look on his face.

Mia gave him a small smile. "Yep. I'll be fine. Go."

Before Maven could even say anything Marlene dragged him away before he could say anything that he will regret.

"You have to stop doing that, Maven." 

"Doing what?" Maven asked.