86 | Decisions

86 | Decisions

Mia was paranoid. Everything Austin told him made her paranoid. She tried to stay calm and she tried so hard not to think about it but she ends up thinking about it anyway.

There was a party that night that was held inside the Gryffindor common. It was meant for the seventh years of Gryffindor but other years and houses joined them. It was the last party the would ever attend in Hogwarts.

Mia wasn't in the mood to party. She just sat down with a cup of firewhiskey in her hand, watching her boyfriend and her friends have the time of their lifes. Sirius noticed that his best friend was quiet lately. He didn't pry but he had enough of giving her space.

"Hey." Sirius greeted, sitting besides the girl.

"Hi."

"You going to miss me when I'm gone next term?" he asked, smirking down at the brunette.

Mia rolled her eyes. "It seems like you'll be the one missing me, Pads."

"I guess. I'll miss my best friend/sister." he gave her a genuine smile that warmed her heart. "You know you can tell me anything, right?"

Mia nodded. "I know."

"What's wrong with you lately? You seem so quiet lately. Is everything alright with you?"

"Of course. Why wouldn't I be?" Mia faked a smile. I can't trust anyone. she thought to herself. "So, what are you planning after Hogwarts?"

Sirius gulped. They haven't her about the recruitment of Professor Dumbledore. They had no clue why professor Dumbledore doesn't want her to know.

"Become a dad." Sirius said. "I'm really excited for the baby."

Mia giggled. "Do you know what's the sex of the baby?"

"No, but I'm betting is a boy. I'm sure that my baby is a boy." Sirius said, smugly.

"Is he literally saying that it's a boy again?" Haven asked, sitting down next to Sirius. "I told you she's not a boy!"

"Pictures!" Marlene hollered, enchanting the camera to float right in front of them.

James kissed the brunette just as they took the photo. James tasted like butterbeer in Mia's mouth. They pulled away, panting and their friends grinning at them except for Damon who narrowed his eyes at the couple.

"Did you get the picture?" James asked.

"Got it!" Marlene said, passing the photo to James.

The moving photo of James kissing Mia was a sight to see and it made the brunette giggle. James and Mia didn't wait for the party to end, they went back to the chambers because they were was tired.

Mia laid her head on top of James chest, hearing his heartbeat while the boy gently stroked her hair.

"Love?" James cooed.

"Hmmm?"

"I have something to tell you." The seriousness in his voice made Mia sat on his side with a worried look on her face.

"What happened?" Mia asked.

James sighed before explaining to her what Dumbledore told them a few weeks ago. The recruitment, the Order of the Phoenix, and You-know-who.

"I want to join." Mia said after a minute of silence.

"What? No! I told you this because I don't want to keep secrets from you. I don't want you to join." the boys exclaimed.

"You can't make that decision for me. This is my life, I get to decide for myself." she said glaring at him.

"I love you, Amelia. I don't want anything bad to happen to you. That's why I joined. To end the war. Please don't join." he looked into her eyes, begging.

"I need to join, James. I'm fighting for what's right. Please let me choose what I want for myself."