80 | Seattle

80 | Seattle

Seattle. Grayson was in Seattle searching for a woman he had never met in his entire life. He was skeptical about finding the woman at first, but he needed to take the chance in finding her to save his sister of a terrible faith.

He stopped in front of the front porch of the house, he looked at his surroundings if they was any signs of danger. He walked up the stairs of the porch before knocking at the door.

A silhouette of a woman appeared which startled Grayson. The door opened revealing a woman in her 50s or 60s.

"Can you I help you?" the woman asked.

"Are you Esmeralda Acker?" Grayson asked.

Her face hardened. "Depends on who's asking." the woman said, sharply.

"I'm Grayson De Martel. I understand that you knew my grandfather, Anthony De Martel."

Her face now soften. "Son of Adam De Martel, correct?" she asked.

"Correct, ma'am."

She moved a little, giving him space to enter the household. "You can come in, Grayson."

The interior of the house was dark and cold like the De Martel Manor before. Esmeralda lend Grayson to the kitchen.

"Tea?" Esmeralda offered.

"Sure." He said, nonchalantly.

She waved her wand and hot tea appeared right in front of them, including cream and sugar.

"Tell me why you are here, Grayson." Esmeralda asked after she took a sip of her tea.

"Well, how do you know my grandfather?" Grayson started.

"Well, I'm a cousin of your grandfathers, Anthony and Austin De Martel." She answered. "But we didn't contact each other since Austin died."

"When Anthony murdered Austin. I know about that. Way too much information for my own good."

She looked at the boy with pure shock on her face. "You know about the spell?"

Grayson nodded. "I do. I can to find you because of it."

"Oh?"

"I was wondering if they was any way to break the blood spell?"

She looked at the boy, intrigued. "Why?"

"Because in my grandfather's journals, it was stated there that the spell was the reason why Morticia De Martel went insane." Grayson answered. "She killed herself."

"Yes. I know she killed herself. It's pathetic really. " she said, bitterly. "She killed herself without realizing that Anthony killed his own brother for her."

"Yeah. That was cruel." Grayson muttered.

"I wasn't too surprised. Coming from a long lineage of witch and wizards who are wicked and cruel." she said, scoffing as she reminisced.

"What are you talking about?" Grayson asked, furrowing his brows.

Esmeralda chuckled, shaking her head. "Why do you want to know if the blood spell can be broken?"

"Because it seems that my sister inherited the blood spell. I don't want her to go insane like my grandmother." Grayson explained. "Do you know if there's any way to break it?"

Esmeralda sighed. "There's no way to break the spell, boy." she said.

"What can I do now? I don't want my sister to kill herself." Grayson groaned.

She sighed. "I'll try to find our ancestors' spells. I'll see if there's a way to break it."

Grayson smiled. "Thank you. I appreciate it very much."

"What's family for, right?"

"Thank you again." Grayson gave her a genuine smile.

The woman shrugged. "One day I'll tell you all our family history. You'll be amazed."

"Looking forward to it, Esmeralda."