87 | You Weren't Suppose to be Here

Maven, Marlene, and Amelia dropped out. Their family wasn't too happy about it but they couldn't do anything about it they were of age. They couldn't stop them. They could make their own decisions.

"Are you sure you want to drop out, Mia?" Gabriel asked, worried.

"I am." Mia said. "I'm not backing down from this. I'm sure mum and dad would be happy that I'm fighting for the greater good."

Grayson rolled his eyes. "I think they would've wanted you to stay away from the fight." Grayson stated.

Mia furrowed her brows. "Why? Magic can't harm me. I'm practically invincible."

Damon rolled his eyes. "What if the deatheaters capture you? What if they torture you to death until you give up the blood spell?"

"Then I'll die." Mia said, nonchalantly making the three frowned.

They hated that Mia was so calm about the situation. Deep down Mia wasn't calm. She was scared to death of being captured.

"Why are you doing this, Amelia?" Gabriel asked.

Mia sighed. "Why didn't any of told me that you were in the Order?"

"Because we couldn't." Damon simply answered.

Mia scoffed. "Wonderful answer." she said, sarcastically. "And I join because I wanna die."

"Look, we join because we were trying to protect you." Grayson said.

Mia raised a brow at them. "From what exactly?"

The three glanced at each other, their eyes debating whether or not to tell the girl about the blood spell.

"The blood spell. We've been trying to find a way to break it." Gabriel said. "Grayson went to talk to a family member of ours. A Acker."

"Esmeralda Acker?" Mia choke out, causing them to furrow their brows.

"Yes. How'd you know about that?" Damon asked, suspiciously.

Mia tensed up. "I might've seen her name in the journal." she lied. "Why'd you need to find a way to break the spell?" she asked.

"Because that spell drove our grandmother to insanity, Amelia." Grayson explained. "Do you want to go insane?"

'Austin drove her insane, not the spell' Mia thought.

"Of course I don't want to go insane, hit."

"Mia, have you been seeing Austin De Martel in your dreams again?" Gabriel asked, coolly.

"No." she lied. She still couldn't trust anyone. Austin warned her that someone closest to her will her. She can't risk it.

"Go and get ready. The meeting is in 10 minutes." Grayson said.

Mia nodded, running up to her room.

"Do you think she's lying?"Grayson asked.

" I don't think so. " Gabriel answered.

" I don't know. " Damon answered.

The meeting wasn't entirely bad for Mia. Everyone was intense and nice. There was mission for them tomorrow and Mia was with them. It was her first mission since she joined the Order.

" Are you ready for tomorrow?" James asked." It's the first mission."

Mia nodded, intertwining their fingers. "I am. Just nervous."

James pressed his lips on her hand. "No need to be nervous. I'll be there to protect you."

Mia rolled her eyes. "You're the one who needs protecting. Magic can't be used against, remember?"

"I know. I can still protect you, Amelia."

They were waiting. They were waiting for Moody's to ambush the Malfoy Manor. Mia was in between James and Sirius.

When a patronus showed up in front of them, James and Mia intertwined their fingers together before they apparated into the Malfoy Manor.

"Get down!" Remus yelled, pulling both of his friends behind the door.

"Stay safe. Both of you." Mia said, kissing James' cherk before pulling out her wand.

"You too." James and Remus said in unison.

The three went their separate ways, trying to help anyone. Deatheaters were everywhere but they were wearing mask on their faces.

Mia was pulled inside a room, a hand was on top of her mouth. Her eyes stared at the person in the mask.

"Do not scream." he slowly removed his hand off her mouth.

"What do you want from me, Regulus?" she hissed.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" he hissed, removing his mask. "You aren't supposed to be here. The Dark Lord is after you! You weren't supposed to be here, Amelia."

"Im fighting for what's right, you arsehole!"

"Shhh." he hissed. "Mia, you cannot be here. I cannot protect you here." he said through his gritted teeth.

"You aren't protecting me." she narrowed her eyes at him, pushing him away harshly. "You've never protected me."

He scoffed. "You don't know what I have done to protect you." he said in a low voice as he stepped close to her. "You were supposed to be here! You are supposed to be in Hogwarts, you were safe in there! You were supposed be away from trouble!"

Mia pulled her wand and pointed it at the boy. "Stay away from me."

"Do it. I don't care. I won't hurt if you do. I wouldn't hurt, love."

"Fuck you and your twisted words." she said, harshly.

He held her arms tightly. "I am begging you, Mia. Do not interfere with us anymore. I don't wanna see you hurt. If I see you again in these ridiculous missions, I will bloody lock you up."

With a blink of an eye, Regulus Black disappeared.

When they went back, Mia approached Grayson and Damon. She was going insane with this not knowing who to trust. She needed to talk to a family member.

"Can you take me to Esmeralda Acker?"

A/N: I know Marlene didn't drop out but I have big plans for them that requires them to be out of school.