103 | Sinister

103 | Sinister

"What do you mean? When?" James asked, putting on his glasses as he got off the bed. "How the hell did she even get to New York?"

Haven shrugged. "Want to check it out right now?" Haven asked. "I can stay here while the two of you go."

"I can go alone." James suggested. "I'll be fine."

Sirius rolled his eyes. "I'll go with you, you git. What are friends for?"

"Who told you that she was seen here, Pads?" James asked as they walked down the streets of Manhattan.

"A friend." Sirius answered. "Well, Haven's friend."

James arched a brow at him, curious about this friend. "What's the name of this friend of Haven's? It's the ex, isn't?"

Sirius frowned as he nodded. "Still can't believe Haven still talks to him." the raven hair man huffed.

"We know the lad. We know that he wouldn't get in between your relationship." James assured. "Besides, Haven is so whipped for you."

Sirius pursed his lips. "I suppose. Right here. He told us that there's an apartment here that will tell us all."

James furrowed his brows. "Meaning?"

Sirius shrugged. "He just told us that we should enter the apartment number 1001." Sirius said.

They stopped right in front of the apartment number 1001. They pulled out their wands before attempting to enter.

"It's locked." Sirius muttered. "Alohamora."

The room was quiet as they entered the apartment. Too quiet that it made them paranoid. They split up to cover more ground.

James was nervous. He was nervous and scared to see if Amelia's body was here rotting or something. He opened one of the doors, making a eerie creak as it moved. He stepped into the room. The room was empty. A familiar blue jumper on top of bed caught his attention. He went to pick it up and smelt it.

"What is that?" Sirius asked, making the bespectacled man jump.

"This jumper. It's Amelia's. It even smells like her." James said. "This is was she wore before she left. What's that?" James pointed at the parchment Sirius was holding.

"A parchment. It's Regulus' handwriting." Sirius said, lowly. "There's no blood here, Prongs. No signs of torture or what."

"I know." James said, dropping the jumper on the bed. "Do you think she's been hiding here for months?"

Sirius shrugged. "We can never be too sure, Prongs."

"I think Amelia left me for him."

Mia was in the presence of the Dark Lord. She was fearful and uneasy. These were the times she regretted getting out of that apartment.

"Morticia De Martel, we meet at last." Voldemort gestured to his deatheaters to let her go which they gladly obliged. "Please sit down."

Mia breathe heavily as she sat down. "Why am I here?" she asked, quietly.

Voldemort gave her a sinister smile. "I'm here to offer you a deal."

Mia arched a brow at him. "What kind of deal?"

"Give me the spell and I won't hurt you or anyone you care about."

"I don't know the spell." Mia lied. "The only person who knows the spell are my grandfather and my parents." Mia added.

"You're lying!" The Dark Lord hissed. "Don't lie to me, girl."

"I don't know what's the incantation of the spell. I'm telling the truth." Mia lied again. She couldn't let him know about it.

The Dark Lord pointed his wand directly at her before uttering the spell. "Crucio."

He smiled again, sending shivers down her spine. "Get Bellatrix. I want the information about the spell as soon as possible. Tell her magic can't harm her, she has to creative about getting the information out of her."

A/N: That's the moment Mia knew, she fucked up.