02 | Sarcastic

02 | Sarcastic

"How was your summer, Mia?" Remus asked.

"It was fun. We went to Florida for the whole summer." Mia grinned. "It was nice and all. I wish that I didn't have to leave."

Remus chuckled. "Let me guess, you liked the weather there?"

"Love." Mia corrected. "I love the weather there."

Remus and Mia met when Mia needed a tutor in defense against the dark arts when she was in her first year and Remus was in his second year. He was kind enough to help her.

The two went to their prefect meeting. The meeting lasted for about thirty minutes. The other prefects looked happy with who they were paired up with during their patrol but a particular Slytherin wasn't.

Mia De Martel was partnered up with Regulus Black for patrolling.

Mia had nothing against her fellow prefect but Regulus seemed like he would rather die than be near her.

"That was bloody great." Mia sarcastically said as Remus and her left.

Remus gave the girl a sympathetic smile. "You should talk to the head boy and head girl about changing who you're going to patrol with." Remus advised.

Mia nodded. "I think I'll do that tomorrow." Mia said. "I'll see you later, Rem."

When they arrived at Hogwarts, Mia quickly searched for her friends at the Great Hall.

"Where were you? Maven and I were looking all over for you." Marlene exclaimed.

"Prefect meeting and I fell asleep." Mia answered as she sat down in between Marlene and Maven.

"Heard you were patrolling with a slytherin." Maven grinned. "Excited?"

"Very." Mia sarcastically said.

Marlene gasped. "Amelia De Martel, when have you become sarcastic?"

Mia rolled her eyes. "Shove off, Marls." she grumbled causing Maven and Marlene to laugh.

Once the sorting ceremony was done and Professor Dumbledore's announcements were done, dinner finally started.

At the Slytherin table, Damon sat down next to Regulus.

"Don't piss off my sister, Regulus." Damon warned.

Regulus rolled his eyes. "Yeah yeah. You don't have to remind me twice, De Martel." Regulus hissed.

"Just making sure. If she finds about our conversation or what you heard earlier, you will regret it, Black." Damon gave him a wicked smile before continuing to eat.

"Bloody brilliant." Regulus hissed under his breath.