15 | Astronomy Tower

"Mia! Wait up!" James called as he ran up to the girl with her friends.

"James, what's up?" Mia asked as she nodded to her friends that they can leave.

"The boys and I are hanging out at the Black lake, wanna join us?" James asked with a smirk plastered on his face.

"I can't. I'm hanging out with a friend. Maybe next time." Mia politely declined. "See you later." she said as she walked away from the bespectacled boy.

James frowned as he walked up to his friends. "She said maybe next time."

Sirius and Peter howled into laughter and Remus just simply shook his head. Padfoot and Wormtail stopped laughing when James glared at them.

"Why do you always ask her to hang out with us?" Sirius asked. "She has a lot of friends. She's allowed to hang out with them as well." he added.

James shrugged. "I don't know. She's fun to be with." Replied Prongs.

Peter rolled his eyes. "You always asked her to hang out with us everytime Regulus is approaching her." Wormtail truthfully said.

"That's right. I don't trust him. I feel like he has a secret agenda because we all know he does not talk to Gryffindors that often, let alone befriend one." James said bitterly.

James was very open about not trusting the younger Black. He also knew that his friends felt the same way but just never admitted it to themselves.

Sirius shrugged. "Not so sure about that, Prongs. Regulus lightens up whenever he's with Mia. I'm not surprised if he asks her out, I would if I didn't like someone."

"I think they'd make a great pair." Remus agreed.

James rolled his eyes. "Pads, who are things working with you and blondie?" he asked, changing the subject.

Sirius smirked. "Wonderful."

While the Maruaders were hanging out at the Black Lake, Mia was making her way to the astronomy tower. Regulus owled her to meet him at the astronomy tower, alone.

Mia saw the black hair boy leaning forward the railings and staring at the sky. He looked so calm.

"Regulus." Mia cooed.

Regulus glanced over his shoulder and smiled a little before gesturing her to come next to him which he complied.

"Haven't seen you much these days." Regulus coolly said.

"Yeah. Sorry about that. I was with hanging out with James and the others." Mia softly said.

"It's fine." he shrugged. "But do you wanna go to Hogsmeade with me? Like a date." he asked nervously.

"Really? You wanna take me on a date?" Mia stuttered. "Are you serious?"

"No, that would be my brother." he joked causing Mia to laugh. His heart fluttered a bit. He missed her laugh.

"Wow. I never would've thought that Regulus Black would be a joker." Mia chuckled a bit.

He shrugged playfully. "But yes, I'm serious about taking you on a date. If you don't want to, it's al—"

"Are you kidding? Of course I want to!" Mia exclaimed.

Regulus sighed in relief. "Good 'cause that would've been awkward."

The two chuckled. Their eyes met but quickly averted their gaze somewhere else.

"I'll pick you up outside the Gryffindor's portrait tomorrow." Regulus kissed her cheek before leaving her again.

Her face heated up. "Git! You can't keep kissing my cheeks!" she yelled.

Regulus chuckling as he went back to the Slytherin common room. He entered it once he said the password. The common room was occupied was the one person he wanted to see.

"Did it work? Did she say yes?"

"Yeah. I'm taking her to Hogsmeade tomorrow." Regulus replied.

"Good. I'm counting on you, Black." Damon said. "You might be the one who can protect her."