76 | Doubt

76 | Doubt

"How could both of you be so stupid!" Gabriel yelled. "Grayson, for Merlin's sake! You compromised the your own safety and your sister's!"

Mia groaned. "Uncle Gabe, please stop shouting. My stitches can open if you keep stressing me out."

"Both of you are stressing me out." Gabriel said through his gritted teeth. "Why'd you even brought her to a muggle hospital?" he asked Grayson.

"Because it's safer." Grayson said, grumpily.

"Deatheaters won't think about us going here. They'll immediately think that we went to St. Mungo's." Mia added. "Also, I have a friend here."

Gabriel arched a brow at the brunette. "Oh?"

"He's a doctor. He's the one who stitched her up." Grayson answered.

"Yes yes. Can we go now? It's my boyfriend's birthday today. I would every much like to attend his birthday party." Mia grumbled.

"It's still irresponsible of the two of you." Gabriel scolded before they apparated.

Professor Dumbledore, Professor McGonagall, and Madam Pomfrey were waiting for their arrival. Grayson had informed the Order of Phoenix what occurred last night and they were trying to find out how the deatheaters knew where they were when they did not tell anyone where they were going.

"Great." Mia mumbled as they approached the professors. Mia didn't dare to look at Professor McGonagall but she could still feel the disappointment coming out of her eyes.

"Poppy, do you mind if you could check Miss De Martel's stitches?" Dumbledore requested.

The matron nodded, leading the girl inside the castle. Mia looked back, giving his brother a smile.

"Do we know how the deatheaters followed us?" Grayson asked as soon as Mia was out of sight.

"They must have been tracking Amelia's every move. It was rare that she wasn't accompanied by the boys. It must be someone from inside the walls of the castle who told the deatheaters." McGonagall explained in a worried tone.

"We already know who that is, don't we? It's Regulus Black." Gabriel stated, plainly. "It has to be."

"We mustn't blame anyone without any proof, Gabriel." Dumbledore said. "We can talk about this tonight. Minnie and I must be going. I suggest that both of you do too before Mister Damon De Martel sees the two of you."

"Poppy, I'm fine. You don't have to give me potions and such." Mia said, gently pulling her sleeve back up. "The muggle doctors did their best with me."

"I'm sorry, Mia, but I have to make sure that you are absolutely fine." Madam Pomfrey said before handing her vials of Healing Potion, Blood-Replenishing Potion, and Wound Cleaning Potion.

Mia frowned. "Will this even work? Magic can't be used against me, remember? Potions are basically magic. They won't work."

"We still haven't seen if the potion will work or not. Try it. Hurry up."

Mia shook her head. "I'm fine. They already stuffed blood back into my system. My wound is clean but it's not yet healed but I'll live. I promise I will come back to take all of this if I feel any pain."

Madam Pomfrey sighed in defeat. "Fine. You better go now. I'm sure Mister Potter and your friends are worried sick about you."

Mia smiled. "Thank you."

Mia placed the invisibility cloak over her head before making her away to James' chambers. She needed to change into her uniform.

As soon as she entered the room, she removed the cloak from her head and dropped it off to the ground. Her eyes widen in shock when James was leaning against wall, narrowing his eyes at her.

"Where were you?" James asked, civilly.

"I spent the night with Grayson." Mia half lied. "How was your night?" Mia asked as she grabbed her uniform from her trunk.

"Wonderful. I didn't missed my girlfriend at all." he answered, sarcastically.

"Really?" Mia asked, frowning.

"Of course not. I'm being sarcastic." he huffed. "Were you with Regulus last night?" he asked, directly.

"I'm sorry?" Mia chuckled.

"Were you with Regulus last night?" he repeated. "I checked the map last night to check if you were anywhere in this castle, your name didn't appear and his name didn't appear as well."

"Yes, because I wasn't even here last night." Mia pointed out.

"Or you were with Regulus in the room of requirements." he accused.

Her forehead creased. "Are you accusing me of cheating on you?" Mia asked, her brows furrowing.

He didn't answer, instead he stood up straight and looked her right in the eye.

Mia shoved the gift bag into his arms. "Grayson accompanied me yesterday to buy a gift for you and things went south." she said, showing him the wound from yesterday. "Deatheaters caused this wound because they must've been following us yesterday."

"I didn't cheated on you, James. How could you even think that I would do that? Why would you even think that?"

"Amel—"

"Happy birthday, James."

With that the girl was gone. The bespectacled boy was angry and guilty. Angry with himself that he accused his girlfriend of cheating. Guilty that she went through all that troubles and dangers just to get him a present for his birthday.

"What the fuck have I done?"