16 | Change of plans

16 |Change of plans

Mia De Martel

Marlene and Lily were squealing as I told them that Regulus Black asked me on a date. Regulus Black asked me on a date.

It seems so surreal. I never would've thought that Regulus Black would asked out a girl from Gryffindor. I expect that he would've asked a girl from any other house but she was in Gryffindor and it was me.

"What are you going to wear, Mia?" Marlene sounded so excited.

"I honestly don't know. Can you girls help me?"

"Of course we will!" they exclaimed.

"I can't believe my baby Mia is growing up." Marlene wiped her fake tears and Lily rolled her eyes.

"I can't wait to see Damon's face once he finds out that you're going on a date." Lily grinned.

I groaned. "I don't want him to find out."

"I'm sure Lily will keep him busy tomorrow." Marlene wriggled her eyebrows causing Lily to throw a pillow at her and me looking at her in disgust.

"I do not want to know my brother's sex life, thank you very much."

"Well, you know that your brother has entered this room an-"

"Marlene!" Lily exclaimed.

"Okay. That's disgusting and I don't wanna hear it again. Ever."

The next morning, Lily and Marlene woke me up to get me ready for my date. I'm really thankful for these two. I didn't have much experience in dates and they have and thank Merlin they're here to help me out.

After I showered I wore a white jumper and some pair of white trousers before putting on my brown trench coat. I partnered it with some white sneakers. Lily and Marlene put on a bit make up on me while I dried my hair and putting it into a messy bun.

"How do I look? Do I look decent?" I asked shyly.

"Wonderful." Lily commented.

"I hope Regulus kisses you." Marlene puckered her lips.

I rolled my eyes. "I have to go. I'll see you too after the date."

"Have fun, Mia but not too much fun!" Marlene yelled as I walked down the stairs and left.

30 minutes. I've been waiting for Regulus for 30 minutes. People have been looking at me like an idiot. Where the bloody hell is he?

I huffed. Can't believe I'm being stood up on my first date. How wonderful.

"Hi, Mia." his cheery voice made me jump and made him chuckle.

"What do you want, James?" I asked, annoyed.

"Black told me to tell you that the date would have to be postponed." James informed.

I frowned.

I was about to say something but he beat me to it. "Sirius and him were called to Professor Dumbledore's office. I don't why." He said, nonchalantly.

I reluctantly nodded. "Thanks." I smiled a little.

"Wanna go to Hogsmeade with me?" He asked casually.

I arched a brow at him. "Where's Peter and Remus?"

"Peter has detention with Slughorn and Remus is sick and asked Sirius and I to fetch him chocolate. Since Sirius is not here, I would like some company."

I shrugged. "Sure, why not."