104 | A Helping Elf

104 | A Helping Elf

The sounds of whimpers and screaming were heard throughout the Lestrange Manor. Bellatrix was being creative with her ways on getting the spell out of the girl since magic isn't helpful.

The word liar was carved on her forearm yesterday. A few hours ago the words blood traitor were carved on her back. She wiped the tears that rolled down her cheeks with her bloody shirt. She was covered with bruises and cuts.

The cell door was opened by the deatheaters, throwing Regulus inside the cell. Mia huffed, making her way to Regulus' side.

"What did they do to you now?" Mia asked, running her hands through his hair.

"You don't want to know." Regulus said, dryly. "God, I can already hear Damon yelling at me for not protecting you." he said as he saw a glimpse of Mia's face.

"I'm kinda regretting leaving the apartment." Mia chuckled. "I wonder if James found the apartment yet."

"What do you mean?" Regulus asked, furrowing his brows.

"Haven's ex, the auror has been watching our apartment for weeks. When I left the apartment, I saw him." Mia explained. "I'm sure he would've told the others by now."

Regulus sighed. "It's been five days, Mia. I'm sure they've found it."

"How long do you think we'll be here?" Mia asked, breaking the silence.

"Until we get more information about the horcrux."

James was going rock-bottom. He had been drinking for the past four days. He was broken and angry. He truly believed that Amelia left him for Regulus.

"James, you have to get up. You've been drinking firewhiskey and butterbeer for days. Get up now." Haven demanded as she picked up the empty bottles.

"What are you doing here, Haven?" James slurred. "Aren't you supposed to be with Sirius today? And aren't you supposed to be with Grayson today"

"I was until I heard you were drunk." Savannah huffed, crossing her arms again her chest. "Get off the sofa. You smell like the dead."

"Maybe I am dead." James answered, nonchalantly. "I wish I'm dead."

"Would you stop that?" Haven snapped. "Mia would never leave for Regulus. She left to protect Elijah and everyone she ever cares about. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and stop whining! Your girlfriend is missing! Get the fuck up and start helping out on missions and help out on hiding her."

"What if she did left me?" James asked, swallowing the lump on his throat as he stood up.

"She wouldn't do that, James." Savannah sighed. "She loves you way too much to leave you."

Three weeks. The next three weeks were crucial for Regulus and Mia. They were constantly tortured until they passed out or faked passed out. After they were dragged back into the cell, they would talk about more information about the horcrux.

That was their routine for the past few weeks. Pretend to be unconscious while the big mouth deatheaters talk about the horcrux.

"What is that?" Regulus asked, furrowing his brows. He lifted the sleeve of Mia's shirt.

"Don't touch it. It hurts. Well, everything hurts." Mia answered, bluntly. "What does it say?"

"Whore."

Mia rolled her eyes, coughing. "You know, I really hate your family." she commented. "A bunch of arseholes."

"Not all of them." Regulus argued. "I'm not an arsehole."

"What information did you get?" she whispered, changing the subject.

Regulus smiled a little, a glimpse of hope flashed within his eyes. "I know what the horcrux is. It's Salazar's locket."

"Brilliant! How'd you knew about it?"

"Kreacher." he whispered. "You said you could get us out of here a week ago, is that still true or are you just shitting with me?"

Mia snorted. "Of course it is. When are we escaping?"

"Tomorrow night."

It was another torture day for the two captives. They didn't enjoy it but they had to endure the pain for a little while longer to escape. It was their only shot. It was late at night, both Regulus and Mia were patching themselves up as they got ready to leave.

"Are you sure about this, Mia?" Regulus whispered.

Mia nodded. "I've done this before. Don't worry about me. Worry about how on earth are we going to get our wands."

Regulus nodded. "Already got that covered." Regulus said.

Mia nodded before turning into her animagus. She slipped pass the iron cage they were held in before slowly flying into the darkness. Her heart was pounding as she slowly grabbed the keys, flying back to Regulus. She turned into human again before opening the cell.

"Not bad, love." Regulus said.

"Master Regulus." Kreacher said, lowly, making the brunette flinched. "Apologies, Miss De Martel."

Mia shook her head. "No need to apologize, Kreacher."

"Do you have it?" Regulus asked.

Kreacher nodded, giving them their wands back. "Kreacher is very sorry this happened to the both of you."

"So am I, Kreacher. So am I." Regulus smiled a little. "You cannot tell anyone about this."

Kreacher nodded. "Yes, Master Regulus. Kreacher understands."

Regulus held her hand before they apparated together. Mia felt euphoric because she was finally home. She was finally going to see James. A man holding her arm, made her stop in her tracks.

"What are we waiting for? We should go inside." Mia giggled.

"I'm not going inside." Regulus simply said.

Mia frowned. "Are you joking right now?"

"Unfortunately, not, Mia. It's still not safe for the both of us. There's a traitor among you, always remember that."

"Please don't tell me you'll hide me again."

"Not today, Mia. I want you around the people whom you love but there will be a time when you I need to hide you again."

"Why can't you stay?" Mia asked.

"Don't tell anyone that you were with me these past few months, it'll cause us both danger. You cannot tell them that I was being tortured as well, my brother would cause destruction if he ever knew about it and I don't want him risking his life. Don't trust so easily, Mia. It might end your life for trusting the wrong person. " Regulus advised, ignoring her question.

Mia was about to reply but he beat her to it.

Regulus pressed his lips on her hand. "I will see you soon, Mia. Until then, don't trust anyone. Anyone can betray anyone, love."