88 | The Help

88 | The Help

"Are really letting Potter join us?" Damon asked with a frown on his face.

Mia nodded, wearing her coat. "Yes. I want him with me." she answered.

"Where are we going?" James asked.

"Seattle." Grayson and Damon answered.

"Potter, can we trust you?" Grayson asked, crossing his arms against his chest.

"Can we trust you not to share whatever you'll be hearing from the conversation we'll be having later?" Damon asked.

"Yes. You can trust me." James said, sternly. "Do you want me to make an unbreakable vow?"

"That'll do." Damon said.

Mia rolled her eyes. "Let's just go." Mia scowled.

Before they knew it they apparated outside a small house. The woman opened the door like she was expecting people today. Her eyes widen at the sight of Mia.

"Merlin, you look exactly like her." Esmeralda blurted out. "You look exactly like Morticia."

"You're Esmeralda Acker?" Mia asked, a bit of shock was laced in her tone. "No offense but I was expecting someone—"

"Older?" Esmeralda chuckled. "Come in." she gestured them to come in. "My dear, I'm a witch. I can slow down the aging."

"Wicked." James muttered.

"Amelia, I expect you are here for something." Esmeralda said before sitting down.

"I spoke to Austin in one of my dreams." Mia started.

"You did what?" Damon exclaimed.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Grayson asked.

James didn't say anything. He knew this was family business and he shouldn't interfere with them.

"Because he told me not to trust anyone." Mia said, firmly. "So, I couldn't trust of you but something tells me I can trust you." she faced Esmeralda.

Esmeralda smiled. "You can, my dear." she said, softly. "Tell me about your dream with Austin."

"Yes, dear sister. Do tell." Damon huffed, crossing his arms against his chest.

Mia rolled her eyes. "He told me that he was in love with Morticia and that he got her pregnant."

"Ah yes. Morticia. She was the one who got between Anthony and Austin. If they hadn't met her, Anthony wouldn't have sacrificed his own brother." she said, bitterly. "I always despised that woman."

"Do you think Anthony ever found out that dad wasn't his child?" Damon asked. "I read your mind. Sorry."

"No need to apologize, Damon." Esmeralda smiled. "No. Anthony was too in love with Morticia to ever believe that she would be unfaithful."

"That's stupid of him." Grayson commented.

Esmeralda chuckled. "Very much. What else did Austin say?"

Mia glanced at the three boys. "Can you give us some privacy?" Mia asked. "I just need to ask her about something that does not concern any of you." she said, sharply.

"But—"

"Go on, boys. We need to have a girl talk." Esmeralda said, cutting Grayson off. "No eavesdropping!" she hollered as soon as they left. "What did he tell you that you don't want the boys to hear?"

She crossed her legs, facing the older woman before opening her mouth. "He told me not to trust anyone who's closest to me. I'm telling you this because Austin seems to trust you and we're not close, so I can tell you what he said."

"He told you not to trust the person closest to you?" Esmeralda asked, her brows furrowing.

"He did. Austin told me to run away when it happens." Mia answered. "I was hoping, if that ever happens and I know it will, I knew to be somewhere my brothers or my friends won't be able to find me."

"Why are you saying this to me?" Esmeralda asked, her brows furrowing.

"Because I need your help."