95 | One Last Time

95 | One Last Time

"I told you I can't fly." Mia said, refusing to get on the broom. "Not anymore, at least."

Mia, Grayson, Damon, and Gabriel were out by the De Martel Manor's backyard quidditch pitch. They haven't been back here in a long time. It took a while to get Gabriel back here since he was not fond of the place where his brother died.

"Come on." Grayson whined. "Let's play quidditch. For old time's sake."

"The last time we played together was when the day before I left for two years." Gabriel chuckled.

"I remembered that dad was so mad at you for letting Mia play." Damon said, shaking his head.

"Accio broom." Mia muttered, letting the broom, fly into her fingers. "Are we playing or not?" she smirked.

The four spent hours playing quidditch. Throwing the quaffle into the hoops, hitting each other with the beater bat, and having a competition on who will be the first one to catch the golden snitch.

"I bloody hate that snitch." Damon grumbled as she started to pack the quidditch equipment.

Gabriel rolled his eyes. "You're just too slow for the snitch, Damon." the older De Martel said, causing Mia and Grayson to laugh.

"Mia, can you help me with this?" Damon asked. Mia nodded, carrying the box with him. The two went inside the manor and putting the box inside the storage area.

"It'll be almost two years since mum and dad died." Mia muttered, staring at the family portrait. She smiled as remembered the day that portrait was painted.

Damon wrapped his arm around her shoulders. "I know. It doesn't seem real, does it?"

"It's not." Mia said, heavily, wiping the tears that rolled down her cheek. "Do you remember the day that portrait was painted?"

Damon nodded, chuckling. "You got dad into a fit but almost ruining that perfect white dress."

Mia laughed. "Do you know that Morticia means death?" she asked, glancing at her brother who nodded. "I used to thought that dad hated me so much, he named me death."

"He named you thay because of our grandmother, idiot."

"Well, I didn't know that before." Mia said. "But I'm still not happy I'm named after someone who killed herself."

"Gabriel's second name is Austin. Anthony named him after someone who was his brother and someone who he had murderer." Damon pointed out. "And we're related to the maniac who kills. What a wonderful family we've got." he said, sarcastically.

Mia shook her head. "When are you and Lily getting married?" Mia asked as they walked down the stairs.

"She's still planning." Damon answered. "But we have a date of the wedding."

Mia perked up. "When?"

"July 15, 1979."

Mia frowned. "That's too far away. Five months away."

"I told you Lily's still planning. I want her to have a perfect wedding." he said, nonchalantly. "I saw the ring on your finger. He proposed?"

Mia shook her head. "A promise ring." she answered.

"I thought he proposed." he muttered. "He's a great bloke. I know he'll take care of you. If he ever marries you, I'll be happy that you married a nice guy."

Mia gasped. "Did you just complimented James?"  she asked. "I'm sure James will be very flattered."

"I'm sure he will."

"Aren't you reading minds anymore?"

"Nope. Lily told me it's an invasion of privacy. So, I don't do it anymore." Damon shrugged.

"Well, isn't Lily turning you into the most better man." Mia smirked, making him roll his eyes.

Damon was supposed to say a snarky comment, instead he stared at the deatheater who was in front of them. Damon and Mia pulled out their wands and pointed out to Bellatrix Lestrange.

"Well, what do we have here." Bellatrix smirked. "Rodolphus! Rabastan!" she yelled out. "I've found two blood traitors."

"Damon the traitor." Rodolphus hissed at Damon. "You know, De Martel, the Dark Lord trusts you but you broke his trust by being a spy."

Mia rolled her eyes. "If you haven't noticed there are two De Martels here. I can't tell if you're talking to me or him." she said, clear the air. Mia was nervous on where Grayson and Gabriel were.

'Where the hell are they?' Mia thought to herself.

"I suggest that you put your wands down. We don't wanna hurt you. The Dark Lord requests your presence, Morticia." Rabastan said, lowly, glaring at the brunette.

"What does he want with her?" Damon asked, sharply.

Bellatrix flashed them her devilish grin. "If she comes with us, she'll know."

Those words were enough to make the girl tense up. How could they know that I'm was related to You-know-who? She thought to herself.

Before she knew it, Mia was pulled down by Damon. Red lights were hitting the deatheaters. The red lights were coming from Grayson and Gabriel.

"Damon! Get her out of here!" Yelled Grayson.

Damon nodded, grabbing his sister before they ran upstairs. They stopped upon seeing Bellatrix and Avery in front of them

"I don't think so." Avery hissed. "I'm disappointed in you, Damon. I actually thought you chose us, the winning side. Instead, you picked the wrong one.

Damon smirked." I never chose the wrong one, Avery. Both of you did. Expelliarmus! "he yelled out, letting Snape's wand fall into Mia's fingers.

"Avada Kedavra!"

They apparated outside of James' and Mia's house. James heard a thud from outside, making him pull out his wand.

"James! Help!" Mia screeched. "Damon, wake up. Please wake up."

The lifeless body of Damon De Martel laid in front of her. His eyes stared into oblivion. Mia couldn't believe that her brother was dead. Damon De Martel was dead.