94 | House in the woods

"Why are we even here?" Lily asked. "What was so important that you had to drag me from my time with Damon?"

James rolled his eyes, slipping his hand into the pockets of his coat. "I need you to help me pick out a gift for Amelia."

"What's the occasion?" Lily asked. "And why in a muggles shop?"

"Just for something." James muttered. "I was going to ask Haven to come but her and Pads are preoccupied at the moment."

Lily chuckled. "What's the occasion, Potter?" Lily asked. "Are you proposing to her?"

"What? No. I'm still waiting for the right time to propose but not right now. I'm going to ask her to live with me." James quickly explained.

"Aren't you two practically living together?" Lily asked, raising a brow at him.

"She sleeps over but she goes home to Grayson most of the time." James answered. "I found us a place to live. A house in the woods."

Lily smiled. "That's nice. Mia likes the quiet. It's unfortunate for her, she has such a noisy boyfriend."

He rolled his eyes, amused. "Just help me pick out a bracelet or a necklace." he said as they entered a jewelry store.

Lily shook her head. "Bad idea. You shouldn't get her a necklace. She wouldn't removed the necklace of her grandmother, remember?"

"Right. A bracelet maybe?" James asked. "A charm bracelet."

"That's good."

They spent about two in the jewelry shop, picking the charms and arguing about what to get. After that, they went to a muggle fast food chain to eat before taking a walk.

"So, how are things with you and Damon?" James asked.

"Still planning the wedding." Lily said, smiling. "Mum, wants me to have a church but I don't think Damon would like that."

"So?" James asked. "Guys don't handle the wedding. Do you think Remus had any say in his wedding?" James asked. "He didn't. Neither did Savannah, I think. Haven handle everything."

Lily chuckled. "Haven likes planning things. Way too much. I think when they get married, everything will be all out."

"I agree." James said.

"Well, if isn't the mudblood and the blood traitor." Regulus said, slightly amused by the annoying look they had on their faces.

James moved in front of Lily, clutching his wand inside his coat. Regulus' grin widen, seeing that James was protective.

"Don't worry. I'm not here to hurt you." Regulus said, nonchalantly. "I am actually here to warn you."

"Warn us about what?" Lily asked, curiously.

"The Dark Lord has he's deatheaters searching everywhere for her. Unfortunately, they can't seem to find her. Neither can I." Regulus said, lowly.

"What do you want? You want to be the one to hand her over?" James hissed.

"The complete opposite, Potter." Regulus said, catching the two off guard by his words. "Whatever you are doing or wherever you are keeping her. Keep her there. I want her away from everything."

James furrowed his brows. "Why?"

"If both of you tell anyone I told these things to you, I'd kill you without blinking." he smiled, devilishly before walking away from them.

"Do you believe him?" Lily asked after a moment of silence.

"Yes." James said. "He loves her. It's obvious. He wouldn't let anything happen to her." he frowned and shook his head. "Lils, I need you to help me with something."

"Lily! Lily!" Mia's voice snapped her back into reality. "Tell me where's James? Tell me!" she demanded.

"Calm down, woman." Grayson said, holding her hold.

"A alley. I left him ther-"

"You left him?" Mia exclaimed. "How could yo-"

"He told me to come and get you." Lily muttered.

"Well? What are we waiting for?" Mia asked. "Let's go!"

The four of them apparated but not into a alley. Mia became paranoid, she quickly pulled out her wand upon seeing that they were inside a place they did not recognized.

"Hello, love." James smirked. "Thank you, Evans." James nodded at her direction.

"Anytime." Lily chuckled.

"What the fuck just happened?" Damon asked.

"I'll explain at home." with that, Damon, Grayson, and Lily apparated home.

Mia arched a brow at him. "What's this? And where are we?" Mia asked as she looked around the living room. It was spacious, even for her. Instead of replying, James smiled, pulling out a black velvet box. Upon seeing the box, Mia held her breath in shock of what he was doing.

"Amelia, after this war, I want to marry you. I promise to marry you after this war is over. " he opened the box revealing a silver ring with small diamonds all around the ring. "It's a promise ring. I learned it from Lily. I promise to marry you after this war. No matter how long, I will marry you."

Mia smiled before hitting him, hard. "You bloody arsehole! I thought you were hurt! You had to prank me during a war?!"

James chuckled, grabbing both of her wrist and pulling her close to him, making her bump into his chest. "I'm James, love. I'm a pranker."

Mia rolled her eyes. "More like a wanker." she muttered. "Now, where are we?" Mia asked, moving passed him as she examined the room.

"Amelia De Martel, how would you like to move in with me?"

"Are you serious?"

"No, I'm James. Sirius is at home with Haven." Mia frowned, causing the boy to laugh. "I'm very much serious, Amelia."

"This is our home?" Mia asked, curiously. James nodded. Mia squealed at her wrapped her arms around his neck. "It's beautiful. I would love to live here with you."