41 | Emotionless

41 | Emotionless

Grayson, Damon, and Mia waited inside their Headmaster's empty office. They had no idea why they were called and pulled out of their classes. They've been there for two hours. When Dumbledore came, he looked distraught but he kept a calm exterior.

"Professor, what are we doing here?" Grayson asked.

"Can we go now? It's already dinner time." Damon politely asked.

Professor Dumbledore removed his glasses. "Not yet, Mr. De Martel."

"Can you please tell us why we are here?" Mia asked.

"Earlier today at the De Martel Manor, the place was ransacked when the aurors got there and I regret to inform you that your parents were found dead."

The De Martels' mind went blank.

Grayson chuckled after a moment of silence. "I'm sorry, sir, but are you saying that our parents are dead?"

"I'm afraid so, Mr. De Martel." Dumbledore calmly answered.

They were still emotionless. When they were younger their father taught them never to cry in front of people. They didn't shed a tear, they didn't show any emotion about the death of their parents.

"Sir, can I be excused?" Mia asked.

Mia ran out before Dumbledore could even answer.

"It was him, wasn't it?" Damon asked with his voice full of hate. "It was Voldemort, wasn't it?"

"It was, Damon." Dumbledore nodded. "We could send you back home for a wee—"

"You don't need to do that, sir. It'll be summer soon. We can handle it. Thank you." Grayson cut him off. "Why were they inside the manor?"

"I assume your Gabriel told you something about it." Dumbledore said as he sat down.

"He did but only bits and pieces of the story, Professor." Grayson answered.

"Mind telling us the whole story, sir?" Damon asked.

Dumbledore looked at them, scanning them if they were ready or not.

"Take a sit. Both of you will be here for a while."

Mia was running towards the dungeons. She needed to see Regulus. She needed him. Regulus was outside the dungeons when he saw Mia running and crying.

"Mia, what's wrong?" Regulus asked, holding her shoulders.

"They're gone, Regulus. My parents are dead." Mia's voice cracked.

He pulled Mia into his arms. Mia cried on his chest while he caressed her hair. Mia passed out after thirty minutes. Regulus carried her in his arms as he entered the common room. He glared at anyone who looked at their way. When he got up to his dorm where he shared it with Avery, Mulciber, and Roiser.

"Get out. All of you." Regulus hissed.

Avery chuckled. "No. Why are we going to sleep?"

"Is that the blood traitor?" Mulciber asked. "What's she doing here?"

"I said, get out." Regulus growled. "I won't hesitate to hex every single one of you."

"Let's go, guys." Evan Roiser said. "Let them be."

Avery scoffed before leaving. Once everyone left, Regulus laid Mia on top of his bed, covering her with his duvet. Regulus tucked her hair behind her ear before walking away. He didn't get far because Mia held his wrist.

"Please don't leave. Stay."

Regulus nodded before laying next to her. Mia scooted close to him, laying on top of his chest. Regulus wrapped his arm around her waist as he kissed the top of his head. Mia glanced at him.

"Let's make it official, Regulus."