49 | The Right Path

49 | The Right Path

Mia De Martel

The sorting ceremony was taking forever. I can't believe that I let James drag me to this. I was supposed to go straight up to my drom but instead he drags me here. Not only am I hungry but I could feel his eyes boring into the back of my head.

How am I supposed to keep on ignoring him when we have classes together? This is more complicated than I thought.

"Mia, you can eat now." Damon said, gesturing me to eat.

"Are you never going to leave your girlfriend?" I asked.

"No." Damon and Lily answered in unison.

"Damon, have you been to the manor yet?" I asked as I ate the last of the pudding.

"I haven't." Damon answered. "Have you?"

"I did. Before school started." I said. "Sorry I didn't tell you. I just needed to get some things."

Damon shook his head. "I don't mind. I'm sure Grayson won't mind as well." he casually said. "Black, can you bloody tell your brother to stop staring at my sister?"

"Why me?" Sirius frowned. "Let him stare. Let him know what happens if he continues this deatheater shenanigans."

"And what will happen if he continues on with that, Mia?" Damon whispered.

"I don't know." I answered.

We were inside the common room after dinner. While the boys were upstairs at their dorm, I told Lily, Marlene, and Haven about Regulus being a deatheater.

"I'm so sorry, Mia." Lily said, full of sympathy.

"That guy was heading for that road either way." Haven said, earning a smack from Lily. "I'm just saying, the road he's going, there's no coming back from it."

"What are you going to do?" Marlene asked.

"I don't know." I groaned. "I don't know how to make our relationship work."

Marlene was about to say something but a loud yelling from outside made her stop.

"What the hell is that?" Haven asked.

Instead of replying to Haven, we went out the portrait hole to see Regulus. His grey eyes met mine and his features softened.

"We need to talk." he said, firmly.

"She doesn't want to talk to you." Marlene hissed, standing in front of me.

"Nobody asked you, McKinnon." Regulus sneered.

"Marls is right, Black. Take a hint." Haven narrowed her eyes at him.

I sighed. "It's fine." I said to them. "We can talk."

"Are you sure, Mia?" Lily asked, concerned.

I nodded.

Regulus and I walked in silence as we reached the astronomy tower. We stood there for another minute before he spoke.

"Why are you avoiding me, Mia?" he asked. "Why aren't you talking to me?"

I looked at the ground as I played with my nails.

"Why aren't you looking at me?"

I didn't respond.

"Mia!" I flinched and that made me look up. "Talk to me, please."

"Show me your forearm."

His brows furrowed. "What?"

"Show me your bloody forearm, Regulus." I said through my gritted teeth.

He gulped before rolling up the sleeve of his uniform.

"Mia, you have to understand tha—"

"Why?" My voice cracked as a tear rolled down my cheek. "Why would you join those wizards and witch who kills people?"

"They are cleansing the wizarding, Mia." He argued. "You could join us. They'll accep—"

My hand went in contact with his face. "How could even recruit me to follow the person who killed my parents?" I snapped.

"They'll kill anyone who stands in their way, Mia. I can protect you if you join us."

I harshly wiped the tears on my face. "How could I ever be with someone who follows the maniac who killed my parents?"

He scoffed. "What are you saying?" he asked.

"We are done, Regulus." I snarked.

He went over to hold my hand but I pushed him away. "You don't mean that. You can't break up with me." he said.

"Stay away from me. I won't hesitate to hex you if I even see you looking me way." I hissed before walking away from him. I stopped, glancing over my shoulder. "You can still walk down the right path."

"This is the right road path for me." he sounded so sure and that made my heart crack. I love him and it pains me to see him go down the wrong path.

A/N : This Fanfiction reached 10k reads!!!! Thank you so much!! I love ya'll!!