Chapter Ten

I had been outside for quite some time now, just looking at the dark sky and thinking about the consequences of my decision. I didn’t want to do it but I wasn’t going to be selfish and pull Aiden into this situation when I knew that if the role was reversed I wouldn’t want it to happen.

            I heard footsteps behind me but I didn’t feel like moving to turn around right now.

“Oh my God Sah’nai!” I turned around and saw my brother looking angry. “Do you know how long we’ve been looking for you?”

“I’m sorry,” I say discreetly wiping away a tear.

“Are you okay? Rhianan told me what happened,”

“I can’t be w- I’m okay. Let’s go,” I say changing my mind when I was about to say what I was thinking.

“Okay come on,” Robert says grabbing my hand, pulling me up along with him.

            The two of us walk through the back door and into the kitchen. From what I could see mostly everyone had left and now beer cans and red cups littered on the marble tiled floor of the expansive kitchen. In the living room there were about thirty people still dancing and drinking and Robert waves to a few guys as we make our way through to the front door. Near the door Rhianan and Daniel waited worried looks plastered on their faces.

“Sah’nai,” Rhianan raced towards me and pulled me into a bone crushing hug. “I was so worried when you didn’t come back,”

“I’m okay,” I say patting her back.

“You should know that I let Emily have it. I couldn’t believe she would say something like that to you. As if Aiden would ever want her, I see the way he looks at you,” she continued pulling back to look me in my eyes.

“Where is Aiden?” I asked worriedly, looking around. “He didn’t leave did he?”

            Even though I was planning to do what I knew I had to do I didn’t want him to leave. I wanted him to have a good time at his first party, and I guess I obviously messed that one up.

“No he went to the car to see if that’s where you were,” Daniel explained taking me away from Rhianan to give me a quick hug.

“Oh,” I nod. “Can we go? I’m tired,”

‘Yeah, let’s go,” Robert says grabbing Rhianan’s hand and pulled her out of the front door, Daniel and I following closely behind.

            I see Aiden standing next to the car as we reach the bottom of the driveway, and my heart begins to pound harder. I couldn’t do it, at least not tonight. No matter how selfish I was being I wasn’t going to ruin his night.

“Sah’nai,” Aiden exhales as he sees me and selfishly I go to him and hug him tightly. “What happened?”

“Nothing,” I say shaking my head while inhaling his unique scent: the woods and citrus. He always smelled so good!

“Are you guys done?” Robert asked impatiently.

            I pull away and slide into the backseat of the car, in the middle next to Daniel, and watch as Aiden gracefully gets in behind me. I lean my head back against the headrest.

“Are you spending the night Rhianan?” I asked before dozing off.

“If you want me to,”

“Don’t you always?” I asked sarcastically.

“Okay then yeah,”

“What about you Daniel?” I asked turning my head to the side lazily.

“No, not tonight,”