Chapter 5: Up Late

Two week later...

Jennie's POV:

It's been over two week since we started school. It's also been over two week since mom and dad went on their business trip.

Me and (Y/N) have been talking a bit more. We even sometimes watch movies in the living room together as well. Her cold tone even let up a little.

Also at college, (Y/N) is really popular around campus. Apparently her cold attitude and good looks left a good impression on the students. She even has her own fan club already.

College has always been good for me as well except one thing, Kai. He keeps trying to ask me out and trying to get me to go on a date with him. And no matter how many times I reject him, he won't stop.

Anyway I am now waiting outside for (Y/N) so we could go home. The others already left earlier so I'm just here alone. I just hope that-

"Jennie"

"Damn it" I mumbled.

I looked up to see Kai smiling at me.

"Hey Jennie. Who are you waiting for? Is it me?" Kai asked.

"Hey Kai. And I'm waiting for (Y/N)." I said.

"Why?" he asked.

"So we could go home together." I said.

"Do you need someone to wait with? I don't see any of your friends." he said.

"No, I'm fine on my own." I said.

"But I wanted to ask you something." he said.

"If it's a date then the answer is no." I said.

"Come on, Jennie. When are you gonna stop playing hard to get and let me take you on a date?" he whined and pouted.

'Ew.' I thought.

"I've told you many times I'm not interested, Kai." I said.

"Jennie"

"Thank god" I mumbled when I heard (Y/N)'s voice.

(Y/N) then came over to me.

"Jennie, you ready to go?" (Y/N) asked me.

"Yes" I replied.

"Hey (Y/N)" Kai greeted her.

"Oh hey Kai" (Y/N) greeted him.

"Let's go, (Y/N)." I said.

"Okay" (Y/N) replied.

Me and (Y/N) then started to walk toward the car when Kai grabbed my hand.

"Jennie, at least think about it." Kai said.

"Okay" I said.

"Thanks Jennie" Kai said and smiled at me.

Kai let go of my hand and I walked over to (Y/N).

'I thought about it and the answer is still no.' I thought.

Me and (Y/N) then got in the car. I then started the car and drove us home.

At home...

We were now at home. I parked the car in the garage and we got out of it. We then went inside the house.

"Are you hungry?" (Y/N) asked.

"Yeah" I replied.

"Okay, I'll make us something to eat. What are you in the mood for?" she asked.