Chapter 10: Joohyun

A week later...

(Y/N)'s POV:

It's been a week since Christmas and it's safe to say that I've gotten closer to everyone. I've been talking more to Auntie and Uncle. And I've also started considering Jennie's friends as my friends as well.

Speaking of Jennie, ever since Christmas, I started feeling weird around her. It's like she could do the littlest thing, like tucking a piece of hair behind her ear or smiling while happily eating and I would just be in awe about how beautiful or cute she looks. Also I felt my heart beat rapidly when I kissed her on the cheek.

Anyway school started today and I was now in my singing class. I don't talk to anyone in this class just cause I don't want to. Some people try to talk to me but I usually turn them away coldly.

I soon heard someone trip followed by the sound of everyone laughing. I looked toward the direction to see what everyone was laughing at. I saw that Seulgi had her foot out and tripped Joohyun.

Bae Joohyun is your average nerd. She's always studying and she wears glasses and baggy clothes. I often see her get bullied a lot as well.

But the main person who bullies her is Kang Seulgi who also happens to be in my dance class as well. I don't usually butt into these kinds of things cause it's non of my business but something about those two makes me curious. It seems like they have history together.

As everyone laughed at her, Joohyun got up and collected her books. She put her head down and walked to her seat. It wasn't long before Seulgi went over to her.

"You're really ugly, nerdy." Seulgi said to Joohyun.

Joohyun looked down and it seemed like she was about to cry. Seulgi continued to insult her until our teacher came in. Seulgi then went back to her seat and class started.

After class...

Class just ended and I was putting my stuff in my bag. When I turned back in front of me, I saw a note on my desk.

Meet me in the back of the school after school.

I looked around to see almost everyone out of the class.

"Might as well check it out." I said.

I then got up and left the class.

After school...

I was now on my way to the back of the school. I already sent a text to Jennie saying that I had something to do and she said that she'll wait for me by the car. When I got to the back, I saw no one.

'Is this a prank?' I thought.

After a few minutes of waiting, I was about to walk away when I heard a small voice behind me.

"H-hi"

I turned around to see who was speaking.

"Joohyun?"

There stood Bae Joohyun who shyly looked away from me.

"You're the one who put that note on my desk?" I asked.

"Y-yeah" Joohyun said and nodded.

"Okay. So do you need something?" I asked.

"I-i want your help to m-make me pretty." she said quietly.

"Huh?" I said.

"I want your help to make me pretty." she said a little louder.

"Why do you need my help?" I asked.