Chapter 8: BangPink Sleepover

A month later...

A month has past since that day me and (Y/N) got along. She has become more open to me and my friends. She's also talking a bit more.

But I realize that there's one thing I don't like.

"Hey cous" (Y/N) greeted me.

I don't like that she calls me her cousin. Like I know it's true that we are cousins but for some reason it annoys me. It's like I want to be more than just cousins.

Anyway we are now in the living room. I already had my breakfast and (Y/N) just finished eating breakfast.

"Yeah?" I replied.

"When are your friends coming over?" she asked.

"At around 5" I said.

In case you guys are wondering, my friends are coming over today for a sleepover.

"Oh okay" she said.

"So what do you wanna do till then?" I asked.

"I don't know." she said.

Just then her phone went off. She looked at it and I saw her eyes light up.

"It's IU." (Y/N) said.

Just then it looked like a light buld went off.

"You wanna meet her over videocall?" (Y/N) asked me.

"Sure" I said.

Me and (Y/N) then went to her room and she took out her laptop. After a while, IU popped up on the screen with a smile.

"Sweetheart" (Y/N) greeted her.

"Hey cutie. How have you been?" IU asked (Y/N).

"I've been good, sweetheart. What about you?" (Y/N) asked IU.

"I've been good as well." IU said.

"Okay. I wanted you to meet someone." (Y/N) said.

"Who?" IU asked.

(Y/N) then pulled me beside her and made my face visible on the screen.

"IU, this is my cousin, Jennie. Jennie, this is my childhood best friend, IU." (Y/N) introduced us.

"Hi, I'm Lee Jieun. But you can call me IU. It's nice to meet you, Jennie." IU said.

"Jennie Kim. You can call me, Jennie. It's nice to meet you too." Jennie said.

"So, how's my best friend doing?" IU asked.

"(Y/N)'s doing just fine. At first, she was very cold and not talkative but now she's warming up to us." I said.

"That's good to hear. She's been through a lot this past year." IU said.

"IU" (Y/N) said.

"Sorry" IU said.

That statement just suddenly made me curious about what happened to (Y/N) this past year.

"Anyway I just called to check up on you and to see how you were doing." IU said.

"Thanks IU. How are you and your parents?" (Y/N) asked.

"They're fine. They actually ask about you a lot. They miss you." IU said.

"Aww. Tell them I miss them as well." (Y/N) said.

"I will" IU said.

"Okay" (Y/N) said.

The three of us continued to talk for the next few hours.

"Well I have to go now." IU said.

"Okay. Remember to say hi to your parents for me." (Y/N) said.