Chapter 1

Misty

"I can't believe you're leaving us."

Laughing at his behavior, I turned to Antonio and just smiled.

"You knew it was only going to be for a year love."

"I know but they could have extended your time with us. We love you Misty and you know we don't willingly do that to everyone."

Laughing at his silliness, I continued to pack my back. For the last year, I've been living in California doing what I loved and did best, dance.

Finishing Juilliard in three years rather than four, I was awarded with a scholarship to the San Francisco Ballet Theater and of course I took the opportunity.

Now that my year was over, though they wanted to extend it, I declined after receiving official admittance to the American Ballet Theater. It was my dream to work there and they recognized my talent and hard work. Best of all, I was going to be back home.

"You should have done drama you know." I looked at Antonio.

"My mother said the same." He laughed.

"Should have listened to her."

Zipping up my final suitcase, I turned and faced him completely.

"I'm going to miss you so much."

"Me too. You were my baby sister here and I know you're going to be great. Just don't forget us little people." He let out a little laugh.

"I'll never forget you." I wiped his tears.

Pulling me in for another hug, I held him tightly. Since being out here, Antonio took me under his wings and treated me like family.

"Come on so I can say bye you everyone else."

Hooking arms by the elbows, we walked back to the studio, only for me to be surprised by the rest of the crew.

"Oh my gosh." I laughed.

"Goodbye love."

"Im going to miss you guys so much." I dried my eyes.

"So will we."

Taking turns, they all said a little speech, leaving me speechless. Once that was over, they brought out a cake and I cut and shared it.

"Misty, your phone." Sharon handed it to me.

"Oh thanks."

Smiling, I answered Maggie's call.

"Yes?"

"Tell me you're at the airport."

"Not yet Mags but I'll be there soon."

"Hurry up please. We miss you here."

"I miss you too and I'll be there soon so stop stressing before you stress out my god daughter."

One of my reasons for being anxious to get home was Maggie being pregnant. She was due in a couple weeks and Sarah and I, me mostly were planning her babyshower.

So much had changed within these four years. Aside from her and Maggie expecting, Sarah and Brian, her long time friend finally decided to cross that line. As for me, my career was my relationship.

"As soon as I land, you would know."

"That's because I'll be there with Sarah to come get you."

"Okay babe. Now go rest."

"I will. Love you."

"Love you too darling."