Chapter 11

August

"Babe?"

"Yeah?"

"How well do you know that girl?"

"Who?"

"What's her name? Milly or something like that."

When she called Misty's name wrong on purpose it honestly annoyed me. It was slick shots like that she would make and it be the reason why no one like her.

"Her name is Misty and we've know each other for a while now."

"How long is a while?"

Standing in the door frame, she brushed her teeth.

"Five years now. What's with all these questions? Why you so interested in her?"

Walking into the bathroom, she finished off what she was doing and came back.

"I'm just curious. She seemed so comfortable with your mother and Chandra and everyone else."

"Okay."

Laying there with my eyes closed, I felt the bed shift. Opening them, Morgan, slowly made her way up to my waist all while her back was arched and her backside we're up in the air.

"I'm going to take care of you tonight." She smirked before removing my member from my pants.

Honestly I wasn't in the mood but because I didn't want to argue, I just left her to take control.

A good five minutes into her giving me head she stopped and looked at me.

"What?"

"What the fuck babe?"

"What Morgan? What do you want me to do?"

Laying there, I still wasn't erect. My mind and body weren't in it so that's what was happening.

"At least put some kind of effort into it?" She stood up and closed her robes.

"Effort into what? It ain't my fault if I'm not feeling it. What you want me to do?"

"Whatever. I'm tired." She walked back into the bathroom, slamming the door behind her.

Annoyed myself, I went to my momma's room to check on her. Knocking on the door, she opened it. A smile instantly came across my face when I saw my nieces.

"Uncle Aug!" They all said as I entered.

"Wazzamin ma baybehs."

Hugging them, I began to tickle them, making the room full with their laughs.

"We missed you." Kay said.

"I missed y'all too." I kissed her.

My nieces were growing so beautiful. Kayden had just turned eight and was the smartest yet trickiest lah girl.

Amaiya was gonna be eleven and what I loved about her was even though she was still reserved, she was this inquisitive lah girl, always willing to learn.

Chaylin being thirteen going on twenty three was her mother in everything she did.

"Is TeTe Misty with you?" Amaiya asked.

"Umm, nah baybeh, she home."

"Oh."

"But TeTe Morgan hea with me."

"She ain't my TeTe." She said before she walked off.

I wasn't surprised that I got that response from her. Amaiya specifically had loved Misty and when we had broken up, it had crushed her. Kayden was worse towards Morgan than she was with Misty and Chay just didn't care nor spoke to her.

"Momma, I need ta talk ta you though."

"Chay, y'all go over to y'all room."

Doing as they were told, they left. My momma and Cha had an adjoining room which made it easy for them.

"What happen now?"

"I think Misty is out with another nigga."

"Okay." She walked off and sat on her bed.

"What you mean okay? That ain't okay."

"Why do you even care August? She ain't doing anything wrong if she is out with another guy. She's grown."

"Why I care? Momma you of all people know how I feel about Misty."

"Yet you have a girlfriend. Look. I didn't raise you and your brothers to be disrespectful to women. If y'all choose to do that, don't come to me crying and whining. You and Misty are both going to be twenty eight and in case you haven't noticed, she isn't putting her life on pause for anyone."

"I know that."

"Then leave her alone to live her life because clearly you are living yours."

After she said that, she just dismissed me. Not saying anything, I just left. Standing outside her door, I tried to call Misty but her phone just went to voicemail. Opening my IG, I went to her page but she hadn't posted since before the baby shower.

"Get it together Aug. She still loves you. You just gotta make shit right." I spoke to myself.

Taking a deep breath, I walked back to my room. Opening the door, I heard Morgan's voice. As I got closer, I realized she was on the phone.

"Let me call you back Ria, Aug just came in."

Not saying anything, I changed out of my clothes and went into the bathroom. As I stood beneath the shower, I thought about everything. Me and Misty, me and Morgan's relationship, what everyone were saying and I decided that I was going to end things, but when we got home. I didn't want to do it here to make a scene. Despite how everyone felt about her, I didn't want that embarrassment for her.

"Wassup with you?" I asked her.

"Nothing. You up for room service or?"

"Whatever you want to do."

"Don't tell me that because you won't do it."

"And what exactly 'IT' is?"

"How about we go out to eat instead?"

"Aight." I shrugged. "Get ready. And don't take too long with all that makeup and shit like you always do."

"Fine, I won't."

Getting an outfit together, I got the iron that was in the hotel room and pressed my shit. I wasn't in the mood for arguing tonight and the fact that I was basically going to end it soon, it was better everything just stayed calm.

*******

"Are we doing anything tomorrow?"

"We are actually. We're going to Misty's place."

"Why?"

Looking up from my plate, she sat there just staring, with this look.

"Because she invited everyone over for lunch. If yeen wanna go ya can always stay behind."

"Okay." She simply said.

"Okay to what?"

"To lunch. I just wanted to know why we were going. I honestly didn't see the need for your attitude."

"The way you said why came across as if you didn't want to go."

"I don't but that doesn't mean, I won't."

"And why don't you want to go?"

"Because I don't know her but its whatever." She shrugged.

Internally sighing, I just went back to eating. At this point, I just didn't care anymore.