Chapter 70

August

"Hi Mr. Innis."

Approaching the bedroom door, I heard Misty's voice. Peering through the slightly opened door, I saw her walking around with Naima in her arms and the phone in her hand.

"Misty. Thanks for getting back to me so soon, with good news I hope."

"Unfortunately not." She sighed. "I'm sorry but I would have to decline on the offer to Australia."

"Oh." He said clearly disappointed. "Well I'm sorry to hear that."

"Me too."

"Well then, I guess we'll have to go ahead and make alternate arrangements."

"Again, I'm really sorry."

"I understand."

Ending her call soon after that, she sat on the bed, rocking Nai.

"I guess it wasn't mommy's time huh sweet pea."

Sighing, at this point I was beginning to feel bad for everything and how it went down. The last thing I wanted was to have her feeling down and I did that.

Making my way back downstairs, I went into the kitchen and got somethig to eat. As I sat eating, the door bell rang which was then followed by Chandra's voice and my nieces.

"Uncle Aug."

"Hey girls." They hugged me.

"Hey Aug." Cha hugged me too. "Whea my best friend at?"

"In her room." I told her as me and Jamal dapped. "Wassup man."

"Okay well I'll go up there then."

Leaving us, she madr her way to Misty while my nieces went about and did there thing.

"So what's good? You and Misty talked?" He asked.

"Nah. When she came home last night, she showered and just got into bed. I tried to apologize but she just said to forget it."

"Like I told her, y'all need to talk to each other and listen to understand not respond."

"When you spoke to her?"

"After I came off the phone with you." He chuckled. "She was sitting in her car outside my spot. Said she sww the lights off and didn't want to bother me."

"Oh." I nodded.

"I told her I'm not getting into y'all marriage but y'all gotta do better with communicating. Don't start shutting each other out now. I know y'all used to tell each other everything and never used to argue, what changed?"

"Honestly Ion know." I shook my head. "Its not that Ion want her to have this opportunity, I just don't and can't be without my wife and my daughta' fa an entire six months man."

"Then go with her." He shrugged. "She packed up and went on tour with you, no hesitation, so why you can't do the same."

"My studio and everything is in Atlanta. I gotta work on music."

"You used to still work on it while you were out here for weeks just being with her back then so again, what's the difference now?"

"Man." I sucked my teeth.

"You know what she told me last night?"

"What?"

"You used to be her biggest cheerleader when it came to her dancing, now she don't know what happened."