Chapter 30

August

Anybody saw Misty?"

"Nah man." T shook his head.

"Nope. I ain't seen her for a minute." Travis added.

"Man, where the hell is she?" I sighed.

"Y'all good bro?"

"Yeah we good." I nodded.

Knowing we got a bit of a drive back to New York, I wanted to hit the road, especially seeing as how maw was tired.

"Mags, have you seen Misty?"

"Last I remember she went to the office area with Jasmine."

"Aight thanks." I nodded.

Heading to where I believe the office was, I thought back on how good today turned out, despite the shit with Morgan.

Approaching the door, I knocked and waited till I heard a click. Slightly opening it, I saw Misty and Jasmine in there.

"Just give me a minute babe."

"Aight because maw is tired."

"Okay." She smiled and nodded.

Closing back the door, I made my rounds and said good night to everyone.

"Lets get to the car pretty lady." I helped her up.

"Thank you love."

Saying her goodbyes as well, we walked out to the parking lot. Hitting the locks, I opened the front passenger side for her so she can recline and relax.

"What's bothering you?"

"Huh?" I stopped what I was doing and looked at her.

"Something's bothering you. You've been looking for that blunt that's sitting in front of you on the dashboard for a good three minutes now, so what is it?"

"My ex showed up here today claiming she's pregnant with my child."

Opening her eyes, she sat up and stared at me.

"You're joking right?"

"I wish I was. Then Misty punched her when she saw and walked off." I sighed.

At this point, I didn't even want to smoke anymore.

"How long now y'all been broken up?"

"About three months."

"When was the last time you and her had sex?"

"Back in like April or May. Ion know. I can't remember." I shrugged.

"What you mean you can't remember?"

"We barely used to when Misty came back because I was messing with her and when I did mess with Morgan, I always protected myself."

"Well? What is there left to do?"

"A paternity test but I have to speak to my lawyers. I'm not dealing with her directly."

"If you think that's what best."

"It is, but I need to talk to Misty. She looked so pissed when she saw Morgan and I know when it sets in." I sighed.

"She's going to take it on."

"Exactly. Why do I keep fucking up with her maw?" I laid my head back. "It's like every time we get to a certain place, something happens. All I want to do is love her and make her happy."

"You do and she is. This is just an unfortunate situation."

"Yeah but of all people. I've never had unprotected sex with Morgan. I always made sure I never slipped up. This just don't seem or feel right."