Chapter 20

August

"So you really did it?"

"Yeah man. I couldn't take it anymore. The way she came at me just pushed me over the edge."

"Had you ended shit long ago, it wouldn't have reached to that!" Travis pointed at me.

Standing around the pool table, me and him were talking and I told him all that went down yesterday.

"I know man but I never thought she would have came at me like that. Like I get your ass was upset, but if you see me speaking to you cool, just be normal and talk."

"I still can't believe you told her you been fucking Misty for the past two months." He laughed.

"Shit. I ain't lie. I mean it was only what, two, three times but we still did it."

"You think she been with anyone else besides you?"

"Nigga what kind of question is that?"

"I'm just curious. Even though she came back all hard and tough, this is the same Misty who was an introvert."

"She still is one." I laughed. "And no she ain't been with anyone."

"And how you know?"

"Because she told me." I shrugged.

"And you believed her?"

"Wouldn't you?"

Standing up straight, he looked at me before laughing.

"Yeah I would. Misty a good one. Out of all the girls you been cuffed, she was a keeper and you fucked up."

"Thanks for reminding me."

"You're welcome bro." He laughed. "But for real, what you gonna do now?"

"What you mean, what am I going to do. I'm going to get my girl back, by any means necessary."

"Damn bro."

"Yeah. I have too anyway. Sarah and Maggie ain't speaking to me."

"How's that working with you being Evanna's godfather."

"I communicate with Kevin." I shook my head.

"Wow. She holding her grounded huh?"

"That is their best friend. Regardless, Misty comes first when its between me and her."

"So who next then?"

"I was thinking her aunt, but she might kill me for fucking up again. The only people left is Jamal and her grandma and I ain't fucking with that nigga since that hickey."

"What hickey?" He stood up straight.

"Man at her house for the lunch, I went to check on her in her room, only to see the both of them hugging and then when he left, she had a hickey on her neck."

"Well damn Misty." He laughed.

"That shit ain't funny. It was dead on her spot."

"Why you getting mad? You had a girl then." She took the shot.

"Yeah but still. She know me and her ex wasn't cool like that but she still used him to get to me."

"And I have to say that it worked and still working."

"Y'all just don't get it. Misty is the only person I ever saw a future with."

"Yet you couldn't let Morgan go till now."

"I realized, she used to seduce me. Ion know how. I mean the sex was good but she just knew what to do to take my mind off of whatever and that caught me."