Chapter 64

Misty

"Momma's sweet pea." I tickled her making her laugh.

These past three months been so amazing yet so hectic. Nai and I were in New York while Aug was back and forth between here Atlanta.

He had to get back to work and being the person I am, I didn't want to impose by staying in New Orleans, moving back and forth between his mother, my mother and my aunt. I had a home and it was where I wanted to be.

"Daddy's going to be here later mama so let's make sure his cake is ready."

Lifting her, she hugged onto me as we walked into the kitchen. Placing her in her carrier, I turned on the light in the oven. Seeing it was ready, I turned it off and got it out.

"So we have to let it cool first, then we will put the frosting and everything on it."

Walking over to her, my phone began to ring.

"I bet that's your daddy." I smiled, making her smile.

"Hi puffin." I answered.

"Wassup love. What my girls up too?"

"Nai and I are finishing your cake and grandma is resting. What are you up too?"

"Heading to an interview then to the airport."

"Okay so you should be here around one."

"Yup. Let me see my sweet pea."

Soon as she heard that she began to giggle. The love she had for him was crazy. Holding my phone for him to see her, they both were excited.

"Ya momma got ya strapped down huh?"

"Only because we're in here." I spoke.

One thing we didn't do was restrict Nai. The only time she was in her carrier was when we were out or in the kitchen.

"Babe?"

"Yes?"

"Ya gon listen ta my interview?"

"Call me and I will but I want to give her a bath and a nap."

"Aight well go ahead and get her settled and I'a call yuh back."

"No problem. Nai war bye to daddy."

Blowing her a kiss, I smiled before ending the call. As usual, she fussed when he was gone.

"I know sweet pea, but he'll be back soon."

Lifting her, I went to our bathroom and got her cleaned up. Once she was, I sat and breast fed her as music played lightly in the background of my room.

Humming to the song, I lightly stroked her hair as her eyes closed down.

"Don't fight it sweet pea." I whispered.

Soon enough, she stoppes sucking and was asleep. Putting her in her crib, I got back into bed and relaxed, calling August back.

"Good timing." He laughed.

"Really."

"Yep. We now about to begin."

Nodding, I sat and looked on as he was introduced and began answering questions.

This was his third interview since having the baby and surprisingly enough, the last two didn't ask much questions on it but did congratulate us.

"So man. Fatherhood? How's it been?"