Chapter 13

Misty

"What you in here humming too?"

Turning to the door, I smiled at Jay as he came in.

"I don't want to say." I shook my head then sighed.

"Then sing it for me." He laughed.

Biting on the inside of my cheek, I decided to press play on what was playing before.

🎶I don't want nobody but you, kissing on my tattoos. I don't want nobody but me, talking to you, until you fall asleep...🎶

"You really miss him huh?" He looked at me in my eyes.

Not wanting to admit it, I just looked down.

"Misty?" He lifted my head.

"Why would he do that to me Jamal. Of all people." I cried.

"I don't know babe and I know its hurting you. I've seen it since last night." He hugged me.

"I'm trying to ignore it but I don't know."

"Because you love him but you gotta focus on you. You're too much of an amazing person to let this get to you."

Lifting my head by my chin, I just looked at him. Wiping my eyes, he kissed me on my forehead just as the doorbell rang.

"Can you get that for me?"

"Yeah. You got wash your face."

"Thank you." I smiled.

Taking a deep breath, I exhaled and went into my bathroom. Washing my face, I then put two eye drops in to get rid of any redness before making my way down.

"There she is." I heard Ms. Sheila.

"Hey y'all." I smiled.

"TeTe!" I heard.

Before I could say anything, Chay and Kayden tackled me with hugs.

"Someone is missing. Where is my Noonie?"

"Right here." She said shyly.

"Okay, they're done now, so come get yours." I laughed.

Walking over to me, she hugged me. Amaiya and I just had this connection and it was beautiful.

"Hi angel. I missed you." I kissed her on her forehead.

"I missed you too."

"So where my hug at?" Travis said.

"Boy hush." I laughed.

Same time Maggie and the others had shown up. Looking over at Aug, I noticed him watching Jamal.

"Oh hey. Where are my manners. Everyone, this is Jamal. Jay, this is everyone."

"Nice to meet y'all." He smiled. "I'm gonna go check on baby girl." He told me.

"Okay."

"Misty where's your grandmother?"

"Right behind you girl." My grandma said.

Watching the two of them interact, I told them that everything was set up out back. Making their way out, I went and got the drinks and got into host mode.

Reaching for one of my bottles of wine, just as I was about to get it, another hand got it.