Chapter 45

Misty

"I still can't believe she attacked you."

"Believe it grandma and it's only because I know she doesn't have a damn thing worth taking is why I'm not suing her."

Moving around in the kitchen, I was helping my grandmother cook. After everything that happened with Morgan, I decided I needed a break so I went to New Orleans earlier than I had planned.

"What about Aug?"

"After speaking to him last night, he said both of them came to a settlement."

"Which is?"

"Aside from her paying for the service we're having for the baby as well as compensation for her admitting to trapping him, she was ordered to keep her distance away from him."

"Well that's good."

"It is. She isn't allowed to make any mention of him and neither is he."

"Well we know he won't. Especially after that post." She laughed.

Trying not to laugh, I couldn't help it. Morgan was in for a ride awakening the night we fought.

While at the police station, Aug decided to not only make a public announcement, letting it be known that she was the reason for the baby passing, but he also posted the video of her admitting to trapping him.

"I fell off the couch laughing when Jennifer showed me it."

"Is that right?"

Hearing his voice as he entered the kitchen, I smiled.

"My two favorite ladies."

"Hi babe." I kissed him as we acknowledged me.

"Love of my life."

"What y'all talking bout?"

"Morgan but we're done now."

"Good because I got a surprise fa ya."

"I like surprises."

"I know ya do." He kissed me.

"At least move from over the food." My grandmother fussed.

Excusing ourselves we went our back. Feeling the autumn breeze, I smiled.

"Its actually two surprises but I'm only giving you one now and the other tomorrow."

"Why can't I have both now?"

"Why should you have both now?" he smirked.

"I can do that trick you like so much."

"For real?"

"Mhmm."

"Aight well lets go." He got excitedly.

"Uh uh. Surprises first."

"Fine. This was to be given when I got it three days ago."

Taking the box, I smiled seeing a key chain with all my favourite things as pendants.

"I love it, thank you."

"Ya welcome. And the second surprise is. We're going on a trip."

"Really! Where." I smiled.

"Trick first then I'll sa where."

"I can live with that."I shrugged.

*****

"Thanks again fa tha support y'all."

"Don even sweat it."

Sitting around the table, for the first time we were all having a Thanksgiving meal.