Chapter 22

Misty

"So they beat her?" My grandma laughed.

"Yeah. Morgan got her ass handed to her by two sixteen year olds." I tried not to laugh.

Soon after dropping the girls off, I came straight back to the hotel to relay all that had happened. I wasn't surprised at them beating her, more so of her actually coming at two teen girls.

"She is lost in life so just leave her alone."

"I'm done with her and him. I never thought I would be caught up in some mess like this."

"Neither did I." She shook her head.

"Its like for the years we were apart he didn't have no growth unless this was just the real him and who I fell in love with was a lie."

"You think so?"

"I honestly don't know what to think when it comes to August."

"All I have to say is, just continue to be you."

"I will. I have to."

"Good. Now what are we doing for dinner tonight?"

"Well I'll be meeting with Chris in the restaurant downstairs to talk about this video he wants me in."

"Oh, well I'll leave you to that then."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. I'll just order in and relax."

"Okay. I shouldn't take long anyway."

"Don't rush through your dinner meeting because of me."

"I won't. I got you for an entire week in Florida." I laughed.

"Exactly."

"Did I show you the beach house we would be staying at?"

"No."

Walking over to her, I pulled up a picture of the place.

"This is nice."

"I know right. Its not a mansion but its quiet and private. We have our own beach access and everything."

"Have I told you how proud I am of you."

"Yes grandma." I laughed.

"Well I'll say it again. I'm so proud of you sweet heart. You have accomplished so much and grown so much as well. I love how you have just stepped out of your shell."

"I needed too. I couldn't be shy and timid forever and dancing at Juilliard and in California just gave me that push to put myself out there. I found my voice and I loved it."

"That you did."

"But I'm still me, still an introvert."

"That you will be." She laughed.

"There's something I've been keeping from you though." I looked at her.

"Hmmm. Talk to me."

"While I was in California, I met up with the others."

"Really?"

"Yeah and it didn't go to well." I looked down at my hands in my lap.

"Hey?" She lifted my chin. "What I told you about doing that?"

"I'm sorry."

"It is not your fault that your siblings are pricks. You did your part in trying to make amends now leave them and let it go. You have me and Jenny and we love you."