Chapter 9

Misty

"These go here Ms. Misty?"

Gaining my attention, I looked in the direction he was referring to.

"Yes. Right there."

"Please be careful with those!" I said pertaining to the center pieces.

Walking around, making sure everything was perfect, I paused and smiled at all my hard work and planning as it came to life.

In a couple of hours the rooftop of Sarah's dad's club would be filled with family and friends as we celebrate the blessing who was my goddaughter.

Checking my phone, it was now going on one in the afternoon and guests were scheduled to arrive at four. Clearing notifications, I smiled at a text Aug had sent me.

":When did you take that😭😂?"

Shaking my head, I didn't even know he had taken a picture of us as I laid on him sleeping. He had left my place a little after nine this morning and as much as I didn't want him to leave, I was happy to be spending the afternoon with him.

"Aug: I took that when ya was drooling all over my chest😂."

Rolling my eyes, I didn't respond. Knowing he would probably call or message me, I purposely didn't say anything.

"All done ma'am."

Standing from where I was, I smiled as I was completely satisfied with it all.

"Thank you so much guys."

Handing over an envelope with the payment, I reminded them of the time to come back and clear up.

"Okay." I exhaled. "I have to go home, see what little rest I can get and then be ready to come back here."

Making sure everything was secure, I left. Telling the security hired for the event, to keep an eye on things, I got into my car and left.

As I expected my phone began to ring. Seeing it was in fact him, I just smirked.

"Yes?"

"Why ya just left me on read?"

"Because I can do that."

"Keep playing with me."

"I would love too." I smirked.

"Well damn."

"Goodbye August." I laughed.

"Later sweetface."

Dropping my phone on the passenger seat, I took my exit and headed to my house. Hearing it ring again, I sighed. Honestly I was getting tired of it ringing.

"Hey Sarah what's up?"

"Are you getting ready over at Maggie's place?"

"I wasn't planning to, why?"

"She wants us to."

"Yeah but either way I have to be at the venue before her, plus I'm tired."

"Ouuu."

"I don't want to hear anything and tell Maggie she is going to have to settle with just you love."

"I don't mind. I'm just passing on the message."

"I know. Now, unless she goes into labor, please handle it till later. I just want some sleep."

"You should have thought of that last night."

"I did sleep last night okay." I smiled thinking back on the events that took place.