Chapter 56

Misty

"Misty,

If you're reading this, it means we've found our way back to each other like I've prayed for. I've probably told you this already, but the last thing I wanted to ever do was hurt you. Actually, hurting you was never a though

As long as I breathe, I vow to love and treat you with the love and respect you deserve. I'll never forget that first day I saw you. When our hands touched, the feeling I got was like no other. That's when I knew I not only wanted but needed you in my life.

I wish I could take back everything that has happened but it doesn't matter anymore because here we are today, getting married.

I love you Misty, always have and always will. We're going live our best life with our children enjoying it to the fullest. Now wipe them tears ya lah softy and come meet me by tha alter.

Love, August!"

Smiling, I wiped my face like he said. Reading that letter from August made me so emotional. Sitting by the vanity, I stared at myself.

"You look so beautiful sweetie."

Looking at her in the mirror, I smiled through my happy tears.

"Thank you." I laughed a bit.

"I can't believe my baby is getting married."

"Neither can I."

Picking up my dress off the bed, she helped me get into it once again. Making sure everything was in place, she got my veil and placed it on my head.

"There." She stepped back.

Standing in fornt the full length mirror, I was pleased with the reflection I saw.

"You really did great grandma."

"Child I know." She fanned me off before taking a picture. "Hands."

Holding hands, we bowed our heads and prayed.

"We're going to find her one day sweet heart. Okay?"

"Mhm." I nodded.

"I know it hurts you inside but understand, she loves you, that's why she sent you to me."

"I tell myself that so I wouldn't hate her honestly."

"Well its the truth and you're grown enough to and understand that you do have to let something's go. Especially ones out of your control."

"Yes grandma." I nodded.

"You're getting marries and soon or some time later on, y'all will have yall own family and not all the times things will go right but you work together and never take one another for granted."

"Grandpa was lucky to have you."

"He damn sure was and I know him and your dad are smiling down on you."

"I think so too."

"You're going to be an amazing wife. You're already an amazing person." She hugged me.

"Thank you grandma, for everything. I love you till the end."

"You're welcome love and I love you too."

After our moment, I got my bouquet of flowers and was about to leave when there was a knock on the door.

"Misty, we're ready." The coordinator called.

Taking a deep breath, I hung the bulk of my train over my arm and left the room.

The level of nerves that was rushing through my body was crazy. I was excited, overwhelmed, happy, everything below the sun.