Chapter 7

Misty

Finally settled, back in New York, I was somewhat back to work aside from the parties I was planning. EDC was happy to have me back and I was happy to be back at the center as well.

"Misty I swear to God I will toss your fucking phone" Maggie said annoyed.

Side eyeing her, I went back to reading the message from August. Things been good so far with us and rebuilding our friendship. Part of me was hoping that we would get back into a relationship, but something was telling me otherwise.

"May I ask y'all something?"

"It depends." Maggie mumbled.

"Yes Misty, what is it." Sarah asked.

"Within the past three or four years, how has August been?"

"What you mean?"

"Like relationship wise and overall. I mean, I've been to a couple of his shows out on the west coast and I've seen him on social media in pictures with females but I never really paid attention to his personal life, you know. And even when I was at Juilliard, in order to focus, I just cut him out my life completely, so I was wondering."

Looking at each other, they both then looked at me.

"You know I don't fuck with new bitches so even if he had someone, I wasn't entertaining any new hoes."

"I'm always working so, I never paid any mind."

"Oh okay." I nodded.

Going back to outfit shopping, I found a really cute white dress.

"Sarah, what you think about this?"

"Ouu I like that." She smiled. "Is there another one in my size?"

Checking through the rack, there was and it was the last one. Not thinking twice, we got them along with something for Maggie.

With Sarah and myself being God mothers, we decided to wear the same outfit and had buttons that said 'God mommy to be' on them.

"Are we finished? I need to eat and lay down." Maggie frowned.

"We are love." I side hugged her.

As we approached the register my phone began to ring. Sucking her teeth, she sshrugged me off her and stepped up.

"Tell his pest of an ass that you're busy." She said insinuating it was August, which it was.

"Yeah?"

"How come you're not responding to my messages?"

"Because I'm out with Maggie and Sarah and Maggie threatened to toss my phone."

"She needs to calm her pregnant ass down and even if she did, ya know I would have bought you a new one."

"Okay babe." I laughed. "Now, what was the reason for this call?"

"I'm ready to see you."

"You're going to be here in a couple hours, that could have waited."

"I've lost out on four years, I wanna make up for it."

"You want to or trying to?"

"Both. That's why we're going out tonight when I get in so be ready."

"How to dress?"

"Casual."

"Okay and what time?"