Chapter 59

Misty

"Everything is set right baybeh?"

"Yes. As soon as I'm finished, because of the time difference, I'll get some rest back at the house and then Chandra will drop me to the airport."

Sitting in the guestroom relaxing, I was facetiming with Aug while he was in California.

"You're nervous aren't you?"

"Honestly? I am. This is my first set since my surgery and even though I'm not completely cleared to dance, I don't want to screw it up for me."

"You'll be fine ma. When you free style you make it look like it was weeks of practice. Just take it easy because when this is done, I'm putting one in ya." He laughed.

"You're ready for that? I mean we've only been married a month so far."

"Yes I'm ready. I been thinking, its better we do it now while ya still not dancing, that way when ya get back to it, ya won't have to worry bout anything."

"Hmm. I never thought of it like that."

"I figured."

"But I'm sure I can dance while pregnant."

"I'm sure ya can too, but Ion really like the idea of it."

"You know I'll never do anything that would endanger our child right?"

"I know baybeh but look, we'll talk about that more when we see each other aight?"

"Okay."

"Good. Now go get some rest. I'll see ya in a couple hours."

"No problem. I love you."

"I love you too."

Sitting there, I just stared at him.

"What?" He questioned.

"I don't want to hang up." I sighed.

"Why not?" He laughed.

"I've been with you for so long that now it feels weird being away from you."

"Damn."

"What happened?"

"I thought I was gm crazy fa feeling the same way."

"Oh!" I smiled.

"But, we're gonna be good. We still in that honeymoon phase shit."

"Oh wow. How romantic." I rolled my eyes.

"You know how I do." He smirked. "I love you Misty. I'a see ya soon."

"I love you too baby."

Finally ending our call, I sighed and laid back on the bed. Staring at the ceiling, I thought about what Aug had said. I knew my dance life was generally crazy, but at the same time, I know my limits.

Shaken out of my thoughts by a sudden knock on the bedroom door, I called out saying it was open.

"Hey sis. Food's ready whenever you are."

"Okay cool." I smiled and sat back up.

"You okay?"

"Um. Aug wants to start working our first child."