Chapter 69

Misty

"Thanks for coming in again Misty."

Smiling as I sat in front of Mr. Innis, I adjusted Naima on my lap. Things been a little tense since I mentioned to Aug about Australia and I honestly wanted to hear the what was coming.

"She's growing so quickly." He smiled at Nai.

"She is and just can't keep quiet at times." I laughed trying to keep her quiet.

"I see that." He laughed. "You can put her on the couch if you wish?"

"Its okay."

Getting her pacie out, I stuck it in her mouth.

"Okay. Now let's talk."

"Yes." I nodded.

"So you know the season begins in two weeks."

"I know."

When the season begins, its going to be a series of rehearsals and shows for the next thirteen weeks. Of course we get time off in between but official time off is usually two months at the end of the season.

"Now. Aside from that, there are two specific opportunities with your name on it. One being Australia like I had mentioned."

"Mhm."

"Many of our choreographers have voices their interests in you being leads for some of the upcoming shows."

"Really?"

"Yes." He chuckled at my surprised tone.

"I honestly didn't expect that."

"Why?"

"Because I've been out for a year and some months."

"That has nothing to do with how talented you are Misty." He chuckled. "You've managed to dance while still healing from a major surgery and while pregnant, that alone said something and that's also why you were selected to be principle for our Australia leg for six months.

"Six months?"

"Yes. Its basically the same length as if you were here. We will be providing all funding and housing along with dance wear and any other materials you may need."

As he broke down the particulars, he went into his draw, pulling out the file and sliding it to me.

"Everything is basically covered."

"This is, this is really something." I said looking at the contract.

"Its a great opportunity for you. We don't usually put our new dancers in unless we believe they can do it."

"I understand. Is it okay if I take this a and discuss it over with my husband?"

"Sure. Not a problem but we would be needing an answer soon."

"Okay."

Finishing up the meeting, I looked at Naima who was looking at me. Strapping her in her car seat as soon as I got to the car, I got in and just sat there.

"Australia huh Nai. I wonder what daddy is going to say."

Hearing her squeal when I said daddy, I couldn't help but smile.

"Yeah, daddy."

Finally starting the car, I called my grandmother to let her know I was on my way to get her for lunch.

To my surprise, she was already out with my mother and would meet me
at Chipotle.

******