Chapter 16

August

"Man, as much as Maggie doesn't like your girl, she wouldn't lie about something like that."

Sighing, I rubbed my hands down my face. I was completely frustrated at this point and it was showing.

"I know man, I know. Maggie ain't that evil."

"Nope. She may be spiteful and revengeful, but one thing my baby isn't, is a liar. I don't know if I can say the same about yours."

"So you think she I lying?"

"You think she isn't? Misty isn't crazy. We all know it takes a lot for her to go off the way she did. Even when she found out about you and Morgan, she didn't trip like that."

"The way she looked at me, I knew she was done man. She didn't even look at me like that when that whole Sadë thing popped off."

"So what are you going to do then?"

"I'll check into it." I sighed.

"Be real with me man. Why you holding on to this girl? What she got over you?"

"Man Ion know. It's like every time I make up my mind to end shit, something happens that makes me take her side."

"You think she put something on you?"

"I've thought about it, being from NOLA but I know if she did, my momma or maw would have sensed it."

"That's true." He nodded.

"I'll deal with it. I just hope I would be able to come back from this with Misty."

"Well goon, you on your own with that one because Maggie don't want to see your face and from what B said, Sarah is pissed."

"Damn." I whispered to myself. "They're my only way to her, next to her grandma and she already told me she ain't helping me out if I fuck up."

"Good luck."

Getting up from by the table, me and Kevin went out separate ways. Being back in Atlanta, I was somewhat happy about it. Though my mother was upset with me and my nieces weren't speaking to me, I was just happy to be away from it all.

As I took my time heading back to my place, I thought about how I was going to deal with all of this. If Misty was telling the truth, this was going to have a completely different end result.

"Girl yes! She just attacked me for nothing."

Entering my house, I stood by the wall leading to the kitchen, listening to her conversation.

"Did you at least make a report?"

"No. I was so out of it. You think I should?"

"Yes! What kind of question is that. Her ass could have killed you."

"That's true. Maybe I should make a report then."

"No you're not!" I stepped in.

"Girl let me call you back."

"Why you out here tell people our business?"

"Why are you listening to my conversation?"

"You're in my house with ya fucking phone on speaker. Anybody who walks in here would hear your damn conversation." I walked to the fridge.

"Why are you even blocking for her and why you didn't tell me she was your ex?"

"Because I don't want my name calling in any drama, I'm too grown for that and also, that's my business. I'm not entitled to tell you who is or was my ex."