Chapter 19

Misty

"So you're getting paid for this."

"Yeah. It's just an appearance for tonight, then we go to Florida for a mini vacation." I smiled.

"I think I can get used to this." She laughed.

"You better because I told you wherever I go, you got too."

"Grandma bout to be international."

"Yes you are." I laughed at her silliness.

Collecting our bags, we made our way out of the airport in Atlanta. As much as I didn't want to be here, not wanting to run into Aug, work is work.

"There we go right there." She brought to my attention.

Standing with a sign, we acknowledged our driver as he waited. Taking our bags for us, he led the way.

"Your boss really go all out for you huh?"

"Its his nieces sweet sixteen and they both love dance so I'm not surprised that he is pulling out all the stops."

As we drove along the highway, I dazed out at the scenery. All my memories of being here with Aug came flooding back to me.

"So what you want to do for lunch?"

"Eat."

"I know that woman." I shook my head.

Pulling up to the Ritz, we got out an got our bag and went in. As I checked in, I glanced at her as she looked around the lobby.

"Do enjoy your stay with us Miss. Copeland."

"Thank you." I smiled at the receptionist. "Let's go pretty lady." I laughed.

"Oh, right." She came over to me.

"So do you want to stay in and eat or go out and explore Atlanta."

"We can go out." She nodded.

Coming out on our floor, went walked up the hall to the room. As soon as I opened it I was amazd.

"Or maybe we should stay in and enjoy this room." She smiled.

"Go ahead and make yourself comfortable, I'll check the menu and order

"Go ahead and make yourself comfortable, I'll check the menu and order."

"Gotcha." She smiled as she got the remote.

As I continued checking out the suite which seemed bigger than our last apartment, I heard my grandma calling me.

"Yeah?"

Walking back into the living room area, I paused as I saw a photo of myself and Aug, in the hospital.

"What show is that?"

"Nosey ass Wendell Williams." She said referring to Wendy Williams.

"Turn it up let me hear."

"Remember back when they first came out, they seemed to be so in love and happy then we just stopped seeing them."

"Oh God." I covered my face.

"Then we started seeing August with different females while Misty was on a hiatus till we began seeing her dancing. Now here we see them talking. I wonder what does this mean."

"Just change it please." I walked off.

Getting on to the phone, I called room service and ordered food.

"What are you going to do about that?"

"Nothing. It doesn't matter what I do or say, people will always have something to say."

"That's true." She agreed with me.

Changing out of my clothes, I slipped on a pair of palazzo pants and stayed in my tank top. While my grandmother continued to flip through the tv, I sat and took in the view from our room.

All I wanted to do was do this appearance tomorrow and then leave Atlanta. The last thing I wanted was to run into August. Even after he came by my house, he still tried a couple times to contact me, till I eventually blocked his number.

August

"AUG!"

"Oh God, what now?" I sighed.

Sitting in my studio with the door open, after hearingmy door slam shut, Morgan's voice came ringing through.

"August!"

Finally walking into the studio, I took a deep breath and exhaled, calming myself to avoid any drama.

"Yes Morgan." I turned to her.

"We gotta talk!"

"Not with that tone we won't. Either you come correct or you leave me to get back to my work."

"I'm not leaving here till you tell me what the fuck this is about!"

Holding her phone in front of me, I looked at a photo of me and Misty and it looked like when we were in the car park at the hospital.

"What about it?" I shrugged.

"Why the fuck were you with her?"

"I know yeen talking ta me so I'm just going to end this right here."

Turning back around, I placed my headphones on, when she snatched them off.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" I got up in her face.

"You're what's wrong with me! How long have you been seeing her behind my back?"

"I'm not seeing anyone behind your back so get the fuck out my ears with that shit."

"I don't believe you. You had me in her face, in her house, knowing she was your ex and didn't tell me. Now all of a sudden this photo comes out. Are you fucking her?" She yelled.

At this point my head began to hurt. All I wanted was some peace and quiet to get some work done and this shit was happening.

"Yes! Yes Morgan I was fucking her for the past two months behind your back. Is that what you want to hear?"

Standing there, staring at me, she didn't say anything and that just made me continue.

"Since we've been together, your ass hasn't done anything but stressed me the fuck out. I never had to deal with this shit when I was with her and because of you, I fucked up and lost the only person I've ever loved. So you know what. I'm done!"

"What?"

"I said I'm done! I'm not doing this shit anymore. Leave my key, get your shit and get the fuck out!"

"I know you're not serious right now?"

"Get the hell out of my house Morgan. We're done! Over! I'm tired of the back and forth. I'm tired of you!"

Not saying anything, she walked out of the studio. Following behind, I made sure she had everything. Taking my key from her, I told her to bring by whatever I had at her place and then closed the door.

Letting out a deep breath, I felt as though a weight was lifted off my shoulders. I didn't plan for shit to go down like that, but it was only so much a person could take and I realized that I had pushed Misty to that point in her life, resulting in how she is towards me now.

"I gotta fix this and get Misty back." I spoke to myself. "I need to get my girl back."